Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had my first error Message after 3200 km. I started up the car and the first message was SRS Airbag Service required, another "pling" and DSTC Service required followed by DSTC Temporarily OFF. I stopped the car and restarted it and all the messages was gone. I was close to the Volvo workshop, so I went there directly. They kindly took the car, without waiting and read the log files and they found an error on the SRS Airbag Unit Controller, reseted it and downloaded new software for the unit. They told me that if this did not fix the problem, they wanted to replace the Airbag Controller Unit.

Just a short story of todays V40 life :)

BTW, I'm really satisfied with the local workshop in my town. They are good hard working guys, putting you and your car in the center.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a Volvo reacall on the airbag control system. It can give false warnings. The recall is not mandatory from the regulatory bodies so next servie will do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi
I have the same problem with airbag warning, my V40 (2013) in Poland. For few weeks the same message with service need was occurred, than twoje together with message about DSTC tempirary off. Car made already 60.000km and is out of warianty already. Volvo service by computer, error of srs, so they proposed to reload and update software of Srs control unit, but it didn't help at all, problem is still. Can you give me more details about this recall activities and codes of error itself? Thank you in advance for any help, as a matter of fact that this problem is be coming more and more costly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As far as I understood, the recall was for new s60's, xc60's and so on.. Not v40..
Got the same messages, then looked alittlebit.. The v40 should have a service after so-and-so many KM, or once a year.

So service was booked :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in volvo service each 15k for oil files and ect. Each time they are updating soft service 2.0, but didn't help at all, reload and update of srs soft didn't help at all. As a next step they want to update soft of sensor which i controlling position of steering wheel. Nice but each time I'm paying for that with no results so far. Any ideas what is the potencial reason??? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts