Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I ordered my first Volvo on the 8th April and have an expected delivery date towards the 30th of May, no precise date has been given yet. I opted for the V40 D2 R-Design in Passion Red, was originally going to get the Rebel Blue but backed out at the last minute. Plus the dealer had another customer picking up a Passion Red one on the day we went in and seeing it changed my mind.

Decided not to put any options on it other than the larger multimedia screen. We did get a Gap insurance / Supaguard thrown in though and I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the Supaguard. Is it worth it? As we didn't pay for it I'm not that bothered, but never had it before.

Also what can I be expecting from delivery? I'm presuming it'll come with enough diesel to allow me to nudge it to the nearest Tesco's for filling up!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
re Supaguard, don't believe all you read about it. It will be great for about a year, provided you don't use car washes. I had Supaguard on my previous Volvo, only used water to wash for a the first year. Didn't get Supaguard on my V40, opted to use Blackfire polish. There are a couple of threads on polishes, have a read of this one, http://www.volvov40club.com/forums/7-volvo-v40-general-discussion/7593-supaguard-alterntative.html and search the forum for 'polish'.
Also have a look at this website www.polishedbliss.co.uk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well today I got my delivery date - Friday 23rd May. This 2 month wait has practically killed me. I'll be doing my best not to go skipping into the dealership on Friday.

I have a feeling I could be getting on Mr Isodith's nerves a little, but I know he's really just as excited as I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.