Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That explains everything; Volvo have given me the wrong underfloor; they've given me the flat one (which the car had already when it didn't have a spare wheel). This does fit under the folding floor but not with that centre chock in place. It also means that the folding floor will only stand on one of its box props, the ones nearest to the boot door (on the other settings the underfloor is higher than the box props.

I shall make them change this post haste.

Cheers

Penguin

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's interesting, I'm missing the moulded tray!
Ah, just worked out from @buzby's posts with pictures the potential value of that tray!
With the spare wheel in place (as I have) in the shallow/sloping well, the folding boot floor doesn't latch into the slots in the side supports, so the folding function is useless.
BUT that tray has a neat little slot in it to give at least one useful folded position.

Incidentally I do have that centre support in place, not sure it does much though.....

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Incidentally I do have that centre support in place, not sure it does much though.....
The centre support is there to hold the folding floor in the fully retracted position. The moulded tray has an aperture in the back that the centre support fits into.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I gave in, decided I wanted/needed that moulded tray as the boot liner is only used in winter weather.
Found a used one in good condition in a breaker in Europe, getting it sent here for about £60 in total.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Arrived this morning, just waiting for the rain to stop......

Edit: Sun came out so fitted it. No idea what that hole is for at the front edge though, it's adjacent to the centre support block/bracket but doesn't engage with it. :-/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
No idea what that hole is for at the front edge though, it's adjacent to the centre support block/bracket but doesn't engage with it. :-/
It's there so you can lift it up from the back edge to get at stuff underneath it without having to take it out completely- the centre support pokes though the hole as you lift it up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Cunning, thanks for that, I'm amazed at how much you know!
This forum just wouldn't be the same without you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I’ve just got mine as well now; excellently designed shape - can’t imagine why my Volvo dealer could have originally thought that the flat floor was in any way correct.

Tried to explain the error by saying that people don’t usually ask for spare wheels to be retro-fitted but surely a main dealer should have access to the correct information from Volvo all of the time?

Oh well...

- Penguin

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'll dig out my invoice from Volvo to check, though I suspect they ordered in the wrong floor kit so omitted the wheel cover.
(My car was delivered without a spare wheel and used as a demonstrator for 3 months; I asked for the spare to be added before I took delivery)
Edit: Parts not detailed so no point in trying to find out, it was almost 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I’ve just got mine as well now; excellently designed shape - can’t imagine why my Volvo dealer could have originally thought that the flat floor was in any way correct.

Tried to explain the error by saying that people don’t usually ask for spare wheels to be retro-fitted but surely a main dealer should have access to the correct information from Volvo all of the time?
I'll dig out my invoice from Volvo to check, though I suspect they ordered in the wrong floor kit so omitted the wheel cover.
It's not that they ordered the wrong kit, as there is only one variable load floor kit. The tray is a separate part they have to order as well as the kit, for cars with no spare wheel well. It your car needs the tray you throw away the flat lower floor that comes in the kit.

It's all there on Volvo's accessory website (well, not on the UK one now as they have brain damaged it and taken all the useful info out), so quite why the dealership staff can't order the right thing I don't know. Mind you, whenever I've tried to talk to anyone at the couple of dealerships near me I get the impression I know more about the V40 and Volvo's parts catalogue and systems than they do.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mind you, whenever I've tried to talk to anyone at the couple of dealerships near me I get the impression I know more about the V40 and Volvo's parts catalogue and systems than they do.
Buzby , That’s the biggest understatement ever.... You should be working for Volvo :grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now i am really confused. I have acquired a space saver spare wheel as i do not trust the canned gloop. I then got a two level floor kit which came with a new lower floor and a hinged top floor, but no moulded cover to go over the spare wheel.
The car is a 2018 V40 T3 with the shallow pressing for the wheel.
Having fitted the mountings, only the folding top is required and I am left with two surplus floors, the original boot floor and the lower floor that came with the kit.
So, did I order the wrong kit, or have I got something wrong?
In reality I am not bothered by the missing wheel cover.
Any offers for two floors chaps?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts