Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticing a growing volume of spam messages coming in as new threads or comments to existing ones. Perhaps this is more a call out to the admin - anything that is being done to moderate or prevent these ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure Marina is a sweet girl but if she's not eagerly waiting for her delivery, wondering whether vibrant copper was the right choice, or behind the wheel of a V40 then I'm sorry

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: RE: Forum spam

vforty said:
I'm sure Marina is a sweet girl but if she's not eagerly waiting for her delivery, wondering whether vibrant copper was the right choice, or behind the wheel of a V40 then I'm sorry
Well said. Couldn't have put it better. :)

Sent from my Android mobile using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great. Even our spam thread has been spammed. :(

Sent from my Android mobile using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This forum is my favourite one, its the smallest but has most spam. [hr]
Actually it's the only one that gets spam.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just sent a message to the forum admin (AGadmin) to understand what measures can be put in place to minimize the growing number of spam messages. Lets hope some action is taken soon !

·
Registered
86 Posts
vforty said:
I just sent a message to the forum admin (AGadmin) to understand what measures can be put in place to minimize the growing number of spam messages. Lets hope some action is taken soon !
I've also contacted the admin guy regarding spam.
Have you had any response as yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have not heard back from the moderator yet. Unfortunate ! The spam seems to be more widespread and getting worse. Will see if I can find that thread where the admin describes the company he's from. Perhaps they will answer instead.

·
Administrator
118 Posts
I have cleared all reported spam post and Ban those user profiles. If any interested in assisting in moderating. Please PM me your interest.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wimbledon said:
I have sent AGadmin a new email and asked him to appoint more moderators to combat the relentless spam.
How do more admin help (genuine question) does it mean more people are able to delete it as it appears?

I can't remember the sign up procedure for this forum but the spam free forums I've seen have a two or three stage sign up that is supposed to deter bots, or is it that they have more admin?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have just found these threads, having come across meaningless spam several times recently. I run a forum that never gets spam, but then I have a robust process for registering. Apart from those of us who report spam, is anything being done to eliminate the weirdos?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi

Towards the end of last year we had a flood of fake members join who generated high volumes of spam. To combat this we modified the registration questions which immediately stopped the fake members joining. We also appointed a group of moderators to identify spam and permanently ban the offenders. These measures have significantly reduced the level of spam.
However we do still get a few spam messages. If you see one then please flag it and the moderators will deal with it.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts