Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owners manual gives details of front and rear park assist, but the UK price list only gives the option of rear park assist. Is front and rear park assist already available in markets other than the UK, or is it just something which is planned for the future? I intend to specify rear park assist, but I really would have liked front and rear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is front park assist an audible sensor or is there an optical image that shows red/yellow/green to indicate distance like those used in BMW or VW group?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The online config states you can have front and rear, and I've had a test drive in a V40 with both front and rear sensors.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc said:
The online config states you can have front and rear, and I've had a test drive in a V40 with both front and rear sensors.
When I tried the configurator, front park assist was only available as part of park assist pilot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yellowbelly said:
Marc said:
When I tried the configurator, front park assist was only available as part of park assist pilot.
i have front and rear and yes it is under pilot package

Volvo 154

·
Registered
86 Posts
volvo154 said:
i have front and rear and yes it is under pilot package

Volvo 154
I was a little annoyed that Front Parking Sensors were only available with the Park Assist Pilot package. I would have definitely gone for them, but I wasn't willing to shell out the extra £500.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In Denmark, the front sensors only comes with park pilot. Its an audible sollution. Dont know if theres an LED sollution like the mercs as well.
I have the park pilot in my V40, but as I crashed it after just 4 miles, I dont have much knowledge about how it works.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Katron said:
In Denmark, the front sensors only comes with park pilot. Its an audible sollution. Dont know if theres an LED sollution like the mercs as well.
I have the park pilot in my V40, but as I crashed it after just 4 miles, I dont have much knowledge about how it works.
I can tell you it works fine, less than 20% of car length necessary for it to park succesfully. It parked my car several times by letting 25 to 30 cms on each end of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all - I bought my car during a promotion period in England at my local volvo dealer, I could not choose the features of the purchase as the offer was for a standard package. I therefore did not have the option to choose the parking sensor package. Does anyone know if I can add this aftermarket or will this be too expensive.

Thanks

Sanderch

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is front park assist an audible sensor or is there an optical image that shows red/yellow/green to indicate distance like those used in BMW or VW group?
There is a little picture of the car from a top down perspective which have indicator lines for anything being picked up by the sensors. Its on the right side of the display.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi all - I bought my car during a promotion period in England at my local volvo dealer, I could not choose the features of the purchase as the offer was for a standard package. I therefore did not have the option to choose the parking sensor package. Does anyone know if I can add this aftermarket or will this be too expensive.

Thanks

Sanderch
Doubt you can get the factory fitted ones, but the only people that can tell you for sure is your dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my SE Lux D3 in the UK and it has front & rear parking sensors, I can't remember if it was standard as we opted for most of the extras. It is a godsend for someone like me that is hopeless at parking. The thing I really like is if you are reversing out in a supermarket car park (or any other car park) and another vehicle or person is coming along, you get a warning.

In hindsight I wouldn't have bothered with the park pilot. I haven't needed to use it. As the salesman at the Volvo dealer said (after delivery) "People rarely need to parallel park these days" The £500 would have been better spent up the stereo upgrade.

My only slight niggle is that it seems slightly over sensitive. When it is flashing red and warning you not to go any closer, there is still plenty of space.

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
I don't like the front park sensors. Here in SA you have lots of people standing at robots, selling newspapers, begging etc, and when they walk pass the car, you constantly hear this beeping noise. Had it in 2 loan vehicles from Volvo, and didn't like it. Glad mine only has it at the back.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't like the front park sensors. Here in SA you have lots of people standing at robots, selling newspapers, begging etc, and when they walk pass the car, you constantly hear this beeping noise. Had it in 2 loan vehicles from Volvo, and didn't like it. Glad mine only has it at the back.
There is a button on the dash to turn it off ...

Man those robot (traffic lights for the non SA people amongst us) sellers used to irritate me in SA, almost as much as the 'parking guards' ...

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
There is a button on the dash to turn it off ...

Man those robot (traffic lights for the non SA people amongst us) sellers used to irritate me in SA, almost as much as the 'parking guards' ...
Ah, didn't know about the button for the front one, see my car doesn't have it, so I won't know about it. :)

Are you originally from SA, or just visited here? Those guys can be a pain in the butt. :mad:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ah, didn't know about the button for the front one, see my car doesn't have it, so I won't know about it. :)

Are you originally from SA, or just visited here? Those guys can be a pain in the butt. :mad:
Born and bred, left in 2001 following a career path.

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
Cool, I wish I could do that, but personal things are in my way (long story). Would love to go to Germany.

But JHB is not that bad, love the weather. Winter this year was great, not once has the day temp dropped under 15 degrees. The trees and plants are so confused with this warm weather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sanderch,

I just bought a demonstrator from a Volvo Dealer. They installed Rear Park sensors for me. It was about double the cost of what the option is from the factory but it ends up like being factory fitted. Seems a better option than gettting an aftermarket solution.

Cheers

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi Sanderch,

I just bought a demonstrator from a Volvo Dealer. They installed Rear Park sensors for me. It was about double the cost of what the option is from the factory but it ends up like being factory fitted. Seems a better option than gettting an aftermarket solution.

Cheers
I have had a quote to fit the rear sensors from the dealer. They want £750!!! and cannot tell me if this includes any visible warning on the dash! Anyone know?
OldCroc

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
gomez
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing