Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up my new Volvo V40 Kinetic with some other packages from the dealer. Everything is OK except from one issue wich I consider as important. The centre front armrest is not what I have seen in pictures and in other kinetic cars in the exhibition (sliding) but it is stable with a very poor material. In the equipment it is mentionted that all version are equiped with roller cover in the cupholders and sliding armrest. Has anyone any idea? It is so unconvinient. I can not use it as armrest because my elbow cannot reach it. I orderded my car in 25th of March and arrived at Greece on May 27.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know in Greece, but in Holland this seems to be an option and therefore I guess that it is not part of the default equipment. Maybe you can add it afterwards, the price seems to be around 100 euro.....

I agree with you that this is something nice to have.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anybody point me in the direction of this part / part number? I can't locate it on Volvo spares website. Car I am buying is fixed armrest - need it to extend that few more cm to hold my elbow up - manual box:thumbup:

·
Registered
382 Posts
You are correct in saying that the standard armrest is unusable (almost) and mine is always in the front position and is perfect but 99% of passengers that I have had in the front seat seem to think it's there for them! Particularly if they are on the large side!

It's worth the money to have it as an extra as the cup holders are notorious dust catchers and the sliding cover prevents this.

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
156 Posts
In the UK, the sliding arm and cup holder cover come on the SE Lux, but not the SE. Pretty sure Kinetic = SE, and Summum = SE Lux?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ah, sorry about that. Can't go back and edit it, which is a pain.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ah, sorry about that. Can't go back and edit it, which is a pain.
Agree, I have asked a few times for it to be extended from 10 mins.

I cannot see how to start a poll as I was going to start one about turning off the edit life

·
Registered
718 Posts
The time we are allowed for editing can only be changed by an Administrator. 'Wimbledon' who started this forum is still an administrator but hasn't been active for months. The forum is now owned by Vertiscope in Canada. Their administrators cover many forums, so may not have the time to take notice of your request. Researching Vertiscope came up with quite a bit of negative commens albeit a few years back. I am not sure how long Vertiscope have owned the forum, but getting 'advertising' posts is one of the drawbacks. We can all ignore the ordinary ads if we want to, but a specific post such as the one from SEMA is a bit of a pain.
Maybe next we will be asked to pay to be members of this forum. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wonder how much traffic the forum actually gets? I don't think it's be an expensive gig. I look after sites which get 1m+ hits a month and it's not actually all that bad. I don't like communities not controlled by themselves.

Reactions: jifen

·
Registered
583 Posts
I did type a reply yesterday but seems it didn't post (was on my mobi so prob me)

So thank you (again) wizzy for such an indepth insight, it's good to now at least understand cheers.

The other thing I stated (they may shoot me down in flames for this) is if it gets to the stage where it's more hassle than it's worth should we not start our own co-operative. (which I think is exactly where AKD is going too)

·
Registered
156 Posts
If it got to that point, I think we'd know it was the right thing to do. So far the mods do respond to the spam eventually, but we'll just have to see how it goes. I'm more concerned with continual improvement (or lack there-of) of the board.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A little OT but while we're talking forum technicalities I can't for the life of me figure out where to change my password. Any clues?

·
Registered
718 Posts
On RHS menu, just above Todays Posts, is User CP. Click on that to open your User Control Panel, then Edit Your Details. You will presented with a form to change your email address and password.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts