Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a front facing child seat that fits in the middle part of the rear seats? If they have can you let me know the make and model please.

·
Registered
143 Posts
steveojo69 said:
Has anyone got a front facing child seat that fits in the middle part of the rear seats? If they have can you let me know the make and model please.
Why would you like to place the child seat there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To make sure there is ample room for 2 adults in the rear as the gap for the centre passenger is a little tight.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's gonna be very tight, as the back seats of the V40 are moved towards the centre of the car. Further, even if you find one, I suspect it's gonna be unstable. I therefore plan to locate my booster behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as the seat will fit between the 2 belt clips it won't be any less stable than being on either side. I rarely travel with passengers, mainly short trips at weekends with the family, and when I do there is often 5 of us.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It might be less stable, but you can check at the store. As there are five of you, I understand you want to place it in the middle. Please let us know when you have found one that fits.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one in my V50 is 24.5 cm wide and fits fine, the gap on the V40 is only 23.5 but with a bit of brute force and ignorance it may fit which will save some cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts