Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

have some some one pictures of where to go through firewall to pull cable to amplifier. Or instructions

Google translator from swedish..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have to do this tomorrow with my car, I currently have it running around the wing and in through the passenger door but will be looking to put this through the Firewall tomorrow, if I find a successful place I will come back and tell you where :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to do this tomorrow with my car, I currently have it running around the wing and in through the passenger door but will be looking to put this through the Firewall tomorrow, if I find a successful place I will come back and tell you where :)
Great

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok ... So I did this just now and it is VERY simple !!

Just to Preface this, i am working on a UK car and a 2016 plate car, I am not sure if Grommet positions with vary on a European car or if its just a mirror image.

Step 1 remove the glove box so you can see behind where there is a big grommet going through to the engine bay, there is 9 torx screws to remove, when you take this out it'll just slide out, there is a wire on the top for the light in the glove box and one at the bottom for the light at the bottom, remove these and it will be free.

Next is finding the grommet and going through it. Now you can fiddle to go through with the existing wires but I just pushed a long Phillips (+) Srewdriver through the grommet.

Next up is going into the engine bay. and finding the screwdriver. On my Sub Power lead, there was a fuse built into one side and on the other side was a connector for inside the car so I pushed the wire the whole way through, for this I taped the wire with the screwdriver with a lot of electrical tape, I made sure it was tightly wrapped. I then used some washing up liquid to help it go through the grommet

Next was pulling it through the bulk head, a quick sharp pull of the screwdriver did that, as I pulled it though it un-seated the grommet so i had to put this back on, it was just a case of lining it up on the hole and making sure it sat correct.

The only thing left to do is just route the cables. I used the tunnel of the centre console so I just tucked them up there and then along and around to the drivers seat where the underseat sub is located. As you can see in the pic, I have grounded the sub and also my hard wired dash cam to the passenger seat bolt.

All in all this was a less than 30 min job to get the cable through and it meant there was no drilling of the engine bay. Last step was routing the Sub cable round the back of the battery and then attach it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for helping me😆. Gonna try next week🤔. Volvo L. H. D mirrored but maby same. Törbjörn Lantz Sweden

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you have a go at this or are you still looking to do this?

Top Tip !

Make sure you remove ALL tools before you close the bonnet. I left theElectrical taps and my Flip Knife under there and it was compressed against the bonnet, luckily no damage but I wont be making that mistake again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts