Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I got a surprise today. The front passenger door on my V40 D3 (2013) just won't open.

I've tried asking the door politely, pulling the door handle from both outside and inside, and a little bit of fury without any luck.

It sounds as if the door lock reacts to the key press lock/unlock. But the door handle it self has less resistance when puling compared to the other three.

I got some advice on FB that I should try to check the steps by this you on YouTube:

Well I tried but it doesn’t seem to work out for me. Honestly I have no idea of what I’m doing, perhaps I’m pulling the wrong way as shown in my video I recorded.

Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, this turned out well. I was aiming at the wrong place.
Deadlock was stuck. I finally managed to reach it and push it over.
If anyone wan't to know how it looks when it snaps in place I actually got a small LED-camera down there and took a photo. Pry this sucker in the direction of the red arrows and it will most certainly unlock the door.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

· Super Moderator
767 Posts
Thanks for the helpful pictures - hope the removal of the doorcard didn't cause any damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts