Volvo V40 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd be happy to see half that figure on a long run so it's hard not to be impressed by that effort!
I don't even think I get 100mpg on my lawnmower never mind traveling around in the comfort & style of the V40...

Hats off to you OldCroc :)

I'm certainly in no danger of ever seeing those figures on my display :blush:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just to be sure I thought I would have a quick check when I filled up my D2 .... Still rubbish, 39.59 mpg. I could blame it on the heatwave we are having, or on my driving style, or on hubby's as we swap cars, but it's the same all year round! Pants! Good job I bought it for its lovely looks not fuel economy.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thats terrifyingly bad Jobi.

I get an easy 54 miles per gallon average over three tanks of fuel. And thats a D4......
When I force it, like when we drove to the South of France at a steady 68 mph, consumption dropped to 58 mpg
Driving at an unrealistic 45 miles per hour (roadworks, loooooong one) the computer gave me 83 miles per gallon..
And at 31 miles per hour (steady speed in city, very rare indeed) it gets all the way to a silly 97 mpg...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just to be sure I thought I would have a quick check when I filled up my D2 .... Still rubbish, 39.59 mpg. I could blame it on the heatwave we are having, or on my driving style, or on hubby's as we swap cars, but it's the same all year round! Pants! Good job I bought it for its lovely looks not fuel economy.
I'd be very tempted to head back to the dealer/garage and get it checked out if its that bad.. my D2 is in the mid 60's... no ammount of AC usage is going to make it that bad!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jobi - do you live in a very hilly area? Perhaps at relatively high altitude? Those figures are suggestive of litres/Km rather than mpg!

I'm closing in on 15K miles in my 5-cylinder D4 and the long term average is ~55mpg. Admittedly mostly longish motorway runs in not terribly hilly terrain, though I do like to give it the beans occasionally, so a more careful driver could do better. I'm certainly very happy with the car - great combo of power and economy. :cool:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have read a few negatives about the fuel economy so today on the way home from Silverstone (Classics event) I reset the trip computer and tried to use the limiter and smooth driving and got the results below.

It is a MY2015 D2 (1.6) R Design (Registered Aug14)
Mainly motorway with the speed limiter set at 65, lots of roadworks with average 50 limits from Silverstone to Wirral.
Tyres on standard (NOT eco PSI) pressures.
Air Con OFF.

Quite pleased with the decent MPG of 84.6mpg over 3 hours of driving and 159 miles.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
With 51k clocked up in my D2 I still get mpg in the high 70's. I am hitting 80.6 on the current tank of diesel which has taken me just over 650 miles. I will get 800 miles out of this tank. I just sit the car at 60 mph on the motorway to get to work and back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
M40, M25, and A3 - a mix of normal and congested stop and go traffic returns a little above 50mpg. Normal A roads probably give better mpg. Early days for me too so I will add to this discussion later.
Same driving, a few years later... mpg according to the computer is about 55mpg. That's the update.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh - is there a RED light as well as Amber?? I didnt know!!
Amber: You should start looking for petrol stations soon, if you find one at a good price, go for it (miles remain: 30-55)
Red: You should really not worry about price and go fill up at the first petrol station you see (miles remain: ---).

41 - 51 of 51 Posts