Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I have ordered my T3 with the option of a spare wheel, but this option requires the double-flexible Load Floor.
Does anyone knows if these choices reduce the fuel tank volume?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice pics
but does anyone, has checked the fuel tank volume?
maybe at a gas station

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi tsopanoskylo
I had a look through the technical specs on the UK Volvo website and there's no exception on the T3 - they all have a 62 litre fuel tank.

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/Documents/Volvo-V40-pricelist.PDF

If you took the T3 to a gas station when empty you are unlikely to fuel up 62 litres of gas, the reason is that even when the tank is empty and the fuel range is 0, there is a final residual amount of fuel in the tank as a reserve.
My last fill up on my D2 was 47.0 litres to fill the tank to full 'to the brim', and yet I'd already driven to zero on the fuel range. That means there are 5 litres as a reserve in the tank, you can expect something similar on the T3.

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
London_2012 said:
Hi tsopanoskylo
I had a look through the technical specs on the UK Volvo website and there's no exception on the T3 - they all have a 62 litre fuel tank.

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/Documents/Volvo-V40-pricelist.PDF

If you took the T3 to a gas station when empty you are unlikely to fuel up 62 litres of gas, the reason is that even when the tank is empty and the fuel range is 0, there is a final residual amount of fuel in the tank as a reserve.
My last fill up on my D2 was 47.0 litres to fill the tank to full 'to the brim', and yet I'd already driven to zero on the fuel range. That means there are 5 litres as a reserve in the tank, you can expect something similar on the T3.

Hope that makes sense.
thanks London12
Does your D2 has the option of double-flexible Load Floor + spare wheel?

·
Registered
153 Posts
No the flexible load floor is a good idea but I wouldn't really get the use out of it, my wife doesn't trust me with the shopping. I tend to forget stuff then come home with something we didn't need like a 25yr old malt whisky.

Interestingly there are also hooks on the wheel arches in the boot, I think one of them is just visible in the last picture above. You can hang shopping bags, or in my case takeaway bags, they stop the lamb bhuna redesigning the boot of your car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got my brand new V40 from the dealer!!!
I drove it straight to the gas station.
it filled up with 57 lt + the spare tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
tsopanoskylo
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing