Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
V40 2.0 D2 Momentum Nav Plus in Passion Red with Winter Pack 2017
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full clean today, not sure why as it's meant to rain tomorrow. Full wax polish with Autoglym resin wax and finished with Autoglym rapid ceramic coating, it should help to give it some protection from the winter roads.

MY17 V40 Momentum Nav Plus.

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good. Also did mine with AG rapid ceramic today - what did you think of it? Wasn’t sure how to use it as the instructions are a bit vague - do you let it dry before buffing? I applied to small sections as instructed and then buffed it after about a minute and then again with a different microfibre cloth about 5 mins after. My car is silver so doesn’t gleam like red or dark colours but it has a decent shine. Started raining about an hour after I’d finished and the water was beading nicely..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. Also did mine with AG rapid ceramic today - what did you think of it? Wasn’t sure how to use it as the instructions are a bit vague - do you let it dry before buffing? I applied to small sections as instructed and then buffed it after about a minute and then again with a different microfibre cloth about 5 mins after. My car is silver so doesn’t gleam like red or dark colours but it has a decent shine. Started raining about an hour after I’d finished and the water was beading nicely..

I quite like it to be honest, better if you use the wax as a base coat then use the rapid ceramic on top then just boost it with the ceramic every 5th wash or something. I generally wax about 3 times a year. I do a panel at a time with a microfiber cloth and just keep wiping until it's shines. I don't wipe to a haze then wipe off, just spray and wipe until it's gone.

·
Registered
66Plate V40 D2 Momentum Nav Plus in Mussel Blue
34 Posts
Are you using the Autoglym rapid ceramic on the diamond cut alloys?
I am using DiamondGlaze on my alloys but early days and I am not totally convinced if it is any good!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you using the Autoglym rapid ceramic on the diamond cut alloys?
I am using DiamondGlaze on my alloys but early days and I am not totally convinced if it is any good!
Ceramic is nice on the body, I use wonder wheels with the added fallout (purple) for the wheels and finish them off with AG detail spray. Brings them up nice as you can see.

·
Registered
66Plate V40 D2 Momentum Nav Plus in Mussel Blue
34 Posts
It is protection of the diamond cut alloys that I am concerned about. Diamond cut alloys are a real pain for getting the 'Alloy worm'. I wish my V40 didn't have them!
If as I suspect mine get shabby after a while I can see me having them fully painted to solve the issue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is protection of the diamond cut alloys that I am concerned about. Diamond cut alloys are a real pain for getting the 'Alloy worm'. I wish my V40 didn't have them!
If as I suspect mine get shabby after a while I can see me having them fully painted to solve the issue.
Think you can buy the proper product for protection, no idea what it's like. This is the first car I've had with diamond cut wheels and so far they haven't been a problem, think a lot of it is keeping them clean to keep them in good condition.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Full clean today, not sure why as it's meant to rain tomorrow. Full wax polish with Autoglym resin wax and finished with Autoglym rapid ceramic coating, it should help to give it some protection from the winter roads.

Jason
Ooo lovely and shiny tell me more about the auto glym ceramic finish please is that something I can do myself I use the resin and the extra protection

Looks great..... could you tell me more about the auto glym rapid ceramic coating please as I use the auto glym high gloss protection ..... in you opinion is the ceramic coating better ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are those 'curb marks' on the diamond cut rims, or just water marks as wheels are drying off? If it's the former...well...uh oh...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are those 'curb marks' on the diamond cut rims, or just water marks as wheels are drying off? If it's the former...well...uh oh...
Unfortunately kerb marks, it's was like that when I bought it, it's probably the worst one to take a picture off out of the 4. Still good order for 117k miles. Two of the wheels have been refurbished and look like new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts