Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
V40 2018
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am tall, as in my driver's seat is fully pushed back.
It means the driver floor extends beyond the little bump normally under the driver's seat. On long distance cruise control drives I get comfy in a cross-legged position, meaning my feet (and sometimes dirty/wet shoes) rest on the (unprotected) bump.
Does anyone know of a driver's seat floor mat (in Europe) covering/protecting this bump too? Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can't help with the mat, but what would happen if you had to brake suddenly due to an unanticipated or emergency event?

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a really annoying design feature, I am not that tall but I don't understand why the floor of the car in that area is not flat. Also the driver car mat is rather small and does a bad job of covering the whole of the interior carpet.

I found a solution which kind of works for me, I purchased a very cheap thin black rubber door mat from the pound shop in the UK.

I turned it upside down as there is no pattern or design on it, it's thin and flexible enough to partially slide under the car mat and then tuck under the seat or cut with scissors to length around the seat frame.

It is functional in that it will protect the interior carpet, that's the most important thing.
Hopefully the idea may help you.

·
Registered
V40 2018
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For now, I ended up buying a floormat set, and used the floormats for the back seats to puzzle surface covering. Something like hh5 suggested, but with more car floor mats. I keep searching for a custom floormat. I hope to find a company who can make or mold a floormat to specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts