Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just picked up my MY15 V40 D2 and I've noticed some differences other than just the gearstick.

1. The R-Design Logos have been removed from the seats

2. Seat material quality seems to have gone down, both in material and assembly (Maybe I got a bad one?)

3. The Door Seal issue still hasn't been resolved

4. The keyless start feature no longer has the text "Keyless" in the key socket area.

5. The coat hook on the passenger seat headrest no longer exists.

Just thought I'd keep you all updated ^_^

·
Registered
18 Posts
3. The Door Seal issue still hasn't been resolved
What is the exact problem with the door? Does anyone else have a problem wi the door?

5. The coat hook on the passenger seat headrest no longer exists.
Maybe volvo placed it somewhere else?

Have you noticed any changes on the Sensus system?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the exact problem with the door? Does anyone else have a problem wi the door?

Maybe volvo placed it somewhere else?

Have you noticed any changes on the Sensus system?
Yup they definitely changed the sensus system.. it's a lot more intuitive now, with a nice menu that shows you when certain features of the car are on or off.... I'll take some photos later today.

As for the door seals, the structure collapses and they loose their shape meaning they're not as effective at noise / wind isolation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I´m interested of your steeringwheel in your 2015 r design car.
Can you take a picture of that for me?
I'll take a picture later today.. I've noticed that the material on the steering wheel seems to have changed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Shame about the R-design logo deletion on the seats, I reckon that was a good feature, - I've lots of positive comments about that from friends.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
here you go pallisi

Is this on the Sensus touch? Surely on the normal sensus screen this should also be available for the older models, it is just software

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this on the Sensus touch? Surely on the normal sensus screen this should also be available for the older models, it is just software
Nope I just have sensus connect

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The R Design logo was removed as it was deemed as not in keeping with the Volvo brand. I believe it will return but will be embroidered in black to match the seats.
This point has really annoyed me actually as it would have simply taken them to change over the thread colour, not remove it completely on some.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clawzskunk,

Can you please, also post a picture of the new Gear Stick ?

Thank you in advance !
I can't I'm afraid... I disliked it so much I asked them the change it as it wasn't what I had been sold...

The old one is still available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So you got the illuminated one ??
I sense an arguement with volvo brewing IF not what I've ordered. Worried that more things will be missing and go un noticed ! You wait till that dealer is open Monday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you got the illuminated one ??
I sense an arguement with volvo brewing IF not what I've ordered. Worried that more things will be missing and go un noticed ! You wait till that dealer is open Monday.
Yeah, I told them it's not what they showed me or what I ordered, especially as they made a big thing over the 3D Gearstick.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i rang dealer today to confirm whats what, sadly the seat logos are deff gone. its a shame as the first dealer i went to had an r-design in the showroom with the logo, i went a week later to my local guys to order and never paid attention to the car in THEIR showroom. as it was de-badged seats.
apparently the light up gear knob gave lots of glare so was changed for the MY15 , shame as i quite like both aspects.

·
Registered
252 Posts
never noticed glare from my illuminated knob.....

But could understand if folks complained about the glare from the 'white-light' fuel gauge bars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.