Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi

Has anybody noticed that there is a considerable gap on the inside of all doors vertically as you open the doors between the metal and the plastic padding?
Mine is large enough that you can look inside. After talking to the salesman i called
volvo greece and was checked by the technical director. The answer was that it is so in order to avoid noises and it is common on all v40's.

Common sense and experience (i bet in all cars there is no gap between the plastics on the door and the metal) suggests that this is an assembly fault not worthy of the 24 000 euros i paid.

A major disappointment so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
v40d2gr said:

Hi

Has anybody noticed that there is a considerable gap on the inside of all doors vertically as you open the doors between the metal and the plastic padding?
Mine is large enough that you can look inside. After talking to the salesman i called
volvo greece and was checked by the technical director. The answer was that it is so in order to avoid noises and it is common on all v40's.

Common sense and experience (i bet in all cars there is no gap between the plastics on the door and the metal) suggests that this is an assembly fault not worthy of the 24 000 euros i paid.

A major disappointment so far.
Did you have a photo ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did..will post in a bit

Have you taken a look at yours?[hr]
how do i post pics here? where s the add a pic button?

·
Registered
719 Posts
v40d2gr said:
yes i did..will post in a bit

Have you taken a look at yours?[hr]
how do i post pics here? where s the add a pic button?
Try http://www.volvov40club.com/forums/Thread-Tutorial-how-to-share-photos-on-V40-Club. But I haven't managed yet.

I've just had a look at mine. Assuming you mean there is a gap between the door frame and the interior trim, mine is fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for that...yes, i do mean the door frame and the interior trim.

the link you provided does not work.

At least someone got his car with the trim properly fitted.

·
Registered
719 Posts
v40d2gr said:
thank you for that...yes, i do mean the door frame and the interior trim.

the link you provided does not work.

At least someone got his car with the trim properly fitted.
So I found out. Go to Forum Information and Help, at the bottom of the home page, then Tutorial: how to share photos on V40 Club As for posting photos, I haven't managed to do that, despite following the instructions :huh:

It should be easy!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
raytint said:
Interesting v40d2gr ! We wait for the photos, not that difficult !
Managed at last, with rather more manual intervention than I expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great mate!

First pic...look from the black line in the middle of the pic and downwards..when you go to the white trim and a bit before that you can see the looseness of the fit..

i ll try to upload mine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx for the help uploading the pics...now i need a beer!

The thing is i could see through inside, and this is not what i expected however trivial it might seem. Certainly i don't consider the money i paid trivial and just want a decent working car with a good assembly in its parts.

·
Registered
630 Posts
v40d2gr said:

....... there is a considerable gap on the inside of all doors vertically as you open the doors between the metal and the plastic padding?

.............. suggests that this is an assembly fault ............

If the feature is similar on all doors, it's unlikely to be an assembly fault. It's more likely that that's how it's designed to be. Does your dealer have any V40s in their showroom that you can compare yours with?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Yellowbelly
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing