Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Right, well, as promised, pictures of my knob. I hope it meets your expectations.

(Seriously though, probably the dullest pictures I've ever shared...)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks a lot mate, highly appreciated... :thumbup:

Now I'm wondering if I got a lemon knob or that SG cars are just specced that way. Hhm.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Seems that it's the latter... my plain old gear-knob for comparison. :sleepy:

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
reflection

The illuminated gear knob is talking point piece of bling for passengers.

But I'm still not sure about either the knob's shape, or transparent window where the gear positions reflect inside to produce a shadow.
Do I like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK so this post has been quiet for a while but as a new v40er (cc and I has reason for this) with the stonking d3 Mill - mine has the led shifter.....

But.

It ain't working!

I did notice that the gaiter was replaced (on test drive it was missing) and saw that there's what looks like a small cable with a connector at the end - this wasn't plugged in I think.

Anyhoo - all I need to know is how can I pop the gaiter out so I can check it? I haven't found a resource for this. Tried pulling gently but don't want to crack any trim.

Help would be appreciated greatly!

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK so this post has been quiet for a while but as a new v40er (cc and I has reason for this) with the stonking d3 Mill - mine has the led shifter.....

But.

It ain't working!

I did notice that the gaiter was replaced (on test drive it was missing) and saw that there's what looks like a small cable with a connector at the end - this wasn't plugged in I think.

Anyhoo - all I need to know is how can I pop the gaiter out so I can check it? I haven't found a resource for this. Tried pulling gently but don't want to crack any trim.

Help would be appreciated greatly!
Not sure if you've done it yet, but here's a bit of help...

The gaiter and trim do just pop off but start lifting from the front edge first closest to the waterfall panel. At the back of the shifter nearest the cup holder you'll see one of two types of cable, either a black round cable or a white flat cable. The black cable id for the newer style shifter like the picture axl886 posted whereas the white cable is for the older style as ricu posted. The cables run down the left side of the centre tunnel to just below the shifter mechanism and obviously originate from the shifter knob itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - I've managed to gently prise the cover off and can see my wire. There's the thicker part coming from the shifter (it's manual) there's no black wires tho.... I also found the tiny tiny connector and then the big green connector with the plug this should fit.

But for some reason I can't get it to fit in and I have old knackered hands... Its not a major issue but I'd have liked to sort this out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts