Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Is it just me, or is the automagic gearbox in the T5 a bit rough?

I have noticed the following events and I don't think they should be happening:

- while gently rolling into my garage, I pressed the accelerator to get to the last 2 metres and the car surged forward, like it engage a gear. This one scared me.
- when gently pressing the accelerator when you taking a corner, the car surges.
- when gently accelerating up to 50-70 km, a few of the gear changes are not smooth, instead the car surges during the gear change.

Hence I find it impossible to drive the car smoothly.

I have read other forums and they say that the adaptive geartronic might need to be reset.

Any ideas?

LG

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have noticed that from time to time the car surges from almost stationary when accelerating slightly. It is generally smooth at other times. However, I have a D2 which will not have the power of yours.
OldCroc

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello LG,
Could it be the "surging" at low speed (ie creeping in to garage) is caused by the brakes hesitating a little? I have noticed that sometimes the brakes let go a little late sometimes and assumed it was the hill start assist being a bit too sensitive.
As for the smoothness , my gearbox is very smooth in all conditions. It is actually smoother than my previous c200 mercedes gearbox so what you describe does not sound normal.
I assume you are not using sport mode lol ......

Regards

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.