Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. A soon-to-be new Volvo driver reporting in from Finland. My V40 was ordered about 9 weeks ago, should be coming this week. There were some delivery delays with sunroof I heard.

I'm changing from BMW, so expectations are high, but test driving the V40 was enough to convince me away from the new 1-series :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Greetings karsta and congratulations with the order, hopefully not long to wait now. I also had a 1 series before the V40, I don't think you will be disappointed it's a very good car. What V40 spec have you ordered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The V40 will be D2 Momentum in white color. I have a 3-series E91 now, and I've been very satisfied with it. But sunroof in the new 1-series was so lame compared to V40's that I couldn't seriously consider it.. and the new 3-series with panoramic roof would have gone over my budget :p

V40 felt perfect from the first test run, so I decided to give it a go.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Terve Karsta!

Hopefully you don’t have to wait too long anymore. There are surprisingly few V40s on Finnish roads yet but that’s probably soon going to change. The V40 seems to be a very good car in winter conditions as well. My T3 has been behaving extremely well in cold weather this week (-18 C).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moro!

I agree, there are still too few V40's on the roads. Maybe when they start rolling out from the factory we'll start seeing more of them. I'm just wondering how warm the eco-diesel D2 really is in our cold weather.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome karsta!

Congratulations for your order! Waiting is soon over for you!! Lucky man ;)

I'm coming in Finland next summer, maybe with my V40! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

That's funny, because I was just planning on taking an European road trip next summer with my new wheels, like visiting Switzerland and the Alps :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I considered visiting Switzerland in the summer too! I've booked all the hotels and Eurotunnel crossing for my road trip now. I decided to drive down through France over the Alps and in to Italy, staying in Turin, then on to Sanremo for a few days visiting Monaco, Nice and Cannes. Staying in Paris on the way back. Very excited!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Excellent!! It could be funny if you'll come at the same date to meet somewhere in Switzerland!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Jicer
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing