Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had the car for 2 months now and very happy with the choice.

Everything seems to be working as it should and no issues as yet detected. Have been told by the dealer that the car needs to go back to them after it has done 3000 miles just so that they can make sure everything is okay. I've covered 2600 miles so far and the fuel consumption compared to my previous car is over 10% better. Haven't managed to achieve the official figures but travelling on the 'A' roads between home and daughter's Uni manage 62.3 mpg.

My only gripe is that you cannot turn off the radio, except for muting it, without turning the whole infotainment system off. Not a hardship but a little annoying.

The dog, however, now seems to have taken a dislike to travelling on the rear seats after its been raining. Doesn't like the noise of the spray on the underside of the car. Bless him though.:p

Overall, a really good car, comfortable to drive and enjoyable.

·
Registered
273 Posts
@sjw...glad you're enjoying the experience! Not sure I understand the radio mute issue? Muting the volume shouldn't switch off the infotainment...it should just mute the sound. If you're in the radio, then obviously you can't hear anything, but the station should still be there or if you have navigation and switch to that, the map will show and so on? Am I missing something? Darren

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I think he is saying he wants to have the radio off, but not have the infotainment screen off. That is one unit, can't see how you are going to achieve that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@voodooBOB. Exactly. Most car radio's have an on/off switch. It's not a real problem just have to press mute each time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I know what he means. On my last car (Nissan) the system they use Nissan Connect, was live all the time so as soon as you started up, your phone connected via blue tooth then if you wanted the radio you selected radio or the sat nav etc. but if you just wanted to trundle along without the radio etc just the phone remained connected whilst with the V40 you have to turn the infortainment system on to get the bluetooth phone system working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.