Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 D3 2.0 51k
Just looking for your thoughts. I had my car serviced at local garage.I asked if they could ageist handbrake....it was “a little “ high.

Picked up car post service & MOT.
Drove away and it felt odd. As soon as I took foot off accelerator. Vehicle stopped moving. Took it back and they said...ahh it may be that they calliper is faulty..... may be able to dismantle and wind back etc.

I picked it up just before closing and I think they rushed it, as they said they were still working on it.

My question is, is this a common thing? I do not wished to be charged if the garage has rushed it and over tightened it. If it is something that happens....I’m happy to pay

What is the general consensus ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I picked up my car from the last service the hand brake was very high after they put new discs and pads on. I just yanked the lever up a few times and it adjusted the lever to its normal position. It sounds as though they adjusted the cable itself too much and this needs to be undone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I picked up my car from the last service the hand brake was very high after they put new discs and pads on. I just yanked the lever up a few times and it adjusted the lever to its normal position. It sounds as though they adjusted the cable itself too much and this needs to be undone.
Thanks Julian....let’s hope so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts