Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To add to the long list of issues I have encountered in my MY13 R design d4, the Bluetooth hands free 'forgets' all the pared phones, I noticed it on Wednesday and it has happened again today.

I do not repaired I just have to turn the car off and start again and then it remembers them again????

Anyone else had this.

No doubt when I go back to the dealers again they will fob me off like they have re the wipers and none matching bumpers:thumbdown:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope, not had that - although mine has only ever had one phone paired to it (which I use in the car every day).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, this has happened to me on several occasions, but until now I thought it was probably my phone (Xperia J). Will have a word with my dealer next time I'm passing by.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Never had it loosing my phone, and I had to pare it again. Sometimes my phone connects, but doesn't want to dial (bluetooth hanging), but discovered it my Samsung Note 2, not the car. I am back on custom original samsung rom, and when I used to run Cyanogenmod on, bluetooth never hanged.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This happened with my Nokia (classic phone not a smart phone) and our lasses iPhone 5s and noting it did not even connect with the phones (as it forgot they had ever been pared etc) I think it is a software issue

·
Registered
718 Posts
I had a problem that my new Android SmartPhone (Alcatel One Touch Idol S) wouldn't properly pair with the bluetooth in the car. Although it said it was paired frequently it didn't synchronise the contacts etc. For anyone else who has had this problem I think I have found the answer. I removed the pairing and started afresh. When the phone put up the message do I want to synchronise, I checked the "don't show this again" box

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sometimes I have the problem that the connection between the car and my Iphone 5s is getting lost. The parring is working without any failing but after some minutes or hours or sometimes not its losing the connection. Only turning off and after that turning on the bluetooth in the Iphone helps to connect again.

It is unreproducible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was having problems again yesterday - the V40 couldnt "find" my phone although displaying the message "searching for Xperia J" :confused:
I eventually achieved a connection by delaying turning on the phone bluetooth until I was in the car with the ignition on.

I now know it's not the phone that's faulty because it works perfectly every time in our other car (BMW X1)

btw, my V40 had the latest software update a few weeks ago.........

·
Registered
718 Posts
Petrust, Did you get a message on your phone to the effect do you want to synchronise? Check the "don't show this again" box, that sorted the problem for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No Wizzy, I dont get the "dont show this again box". This weekend I will delete the V40 & phone, and start the pairing process from scratch again. What annoys me is that it is an intermittent fault, most of the time working ok. It is going to be a bit of a pain if I'm in & out the car during the day having to remember to switch the phone bluetooth off & back on again each time.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That's what I did, so maybe it will sort it out. My dealer is extremely helpful, but they didn't have an answer. I found it by searching on-line for bluetooth problems. The answer was in a forum for another car and a different phone, but it worked for me.
Best of luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.