Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't even collected the car yet, but my brain is going into overdrive, is there a haynes manual yet for the new V40? or has anybody removed rear bumper yet? git a guide on how to do it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you look on the V40 accessories web site, then look at the tow bar options, you will find PDF instructions for fitting the tow bar which involves removing the rear bumper. I've not looked for some while, so I cant remember how comprehensive these are, but it may give you the basics of the bumber removal?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I haven't come across any manuals yet, except the Volvo one in my glovebox :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
I needed to replace a part that holds one of the ends of the rear bumper on, a clip was broken when it was delivered (one of many faults) this resulted in the leading edge of the bumper sticking out a bit. I was fed up of moaning to Volvo so just bought one and fitted it, the rear bumper is in effect just a trim that clips on to the car but you have to have nerves of steel to yank it off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've looked at the diagram and am quiet pleased it's not made if much, thankfully as you say , it looks like a trim, and your main bump stop material is hidden underneath it .
I may give up the camera idea and plan for sensors instead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.