Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V40 D4 2013 and I noticed the right Headlamp dislocated from the body panel, had luckily not fallen out. I check further and discovered couple of screws missing. A couple of weeks back I had my AC Hose replaced. My question is, does the Headlamp need to be removed to access the AC lines? Has anyone had similar experiences?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would say probably yes...

Couple of bits missing.

They will have part numbers and be quite cheap I would guess. Someone with a part diagram will be here shortly with the part numbers.

Reactions: bluechip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I called the workshop and yes they confirmed that they had forgotten the parts. However they dint bother to contact me and report it. What bothers me is the fact that in the last 4 weeks I had been driving around on the Autobahn at speed > 160kph with a loose Lamp which eventually came off after a spirited drive one evening. Luckily, it dint injure anyone on the road.
The authorized Volvo workshop Mechanic, casually told me that he forgot to put back all the screws. The workshop held on to those for 4 weeks. On being asked why was I not called back and informed about it, the Mechanic asked me as if I never fuck up at my work. :ROFLMAO::censored:(sidenote I work in critical care medicine)
Could Volvo look into such repair incidences? Was not there something like Volvo vision 2020?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks guys. I called the workshop and yes they confirmed that they had forgotten the parts. However they dint bother to contact me and report it. What bothers me is the fact that in the last 4 weeks I had been driving around on the Autobahn at speed > 160kph with a loose Lamp which eventually came off after a spirited drive one evening. Luckily, it dint injure anyone on the road.
The authorized Volvo workshop Mechanic, casually told me that he forgot to put back all the screws. The workshop held on to those for 4 weeks. On being asked why was I not called back and informed about it, the Mechanic asked me as if I never fuck up at my work. :ROFLMAO::censored:(sidenote I work in critical care medicine)
Could Volvo look into such repair incidences? Was not there something like Volvo vision 2020?
I'm sure you are very professional, but if the mechanic ever ended up in a bed you look after in work.... Just leave the odd bits and pieces next to him and say.. "may not bother with these today".

·
Registered
340 Posts
I collected a repaired Caddy van from a main agent, coolant warning came on 2 mins after start up... Was told the technician forgot to tighten a hose. This really typifies the attitude of the motor trade, doesnt matter which badge they represent, just as bad as each other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts