Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to France at the weekend and was wondering what was the best material to use to make the headlight masking for continental driving. I've bought some black Fablon but I was wondering if it would be sticky enough of if there is something more suitable available. Really miss the C30 light unit lever.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Topical, as we're off to Germany soon too. I have used aluminium tape in the past, which seems to work perfectly and not as noticeable as black. I've found plastic type tape shrinks with the heat. If you do it first, can you post up some 1:1 templates to print out?

Reactions: g4rth

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have HID's which do not need masking (not sure why as previous cars with HID's did?) check if yours really needs doing.

No HID's so unfortunately mask needed denn1s.

Topical, as we're off to Germany soon too. I have used aluminium tape in the past, which seems to work perfectly and not as noticeable as black. I've found plastic type tape shrinks with the heat. If you do it first, can you post up some 1:1 templates to print out?
Thanks for your idea Tiff. I have a full size template but the file size is to large to upload and I don't know how to resize the file. Any help in resizing appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Black electrical tape always does the job for me. Get the template and put a clear plastic wallet over the top then use the electrical tape to make your light converters. When you get to the channel just peel off the wallet and stick on the light. It won't come off until you peel it off whatever the weather. Easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.