Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2015 v40 and thinking of upgrading the headlights to the new thor hammer design will these headlights fit straight in?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Absolutely not. Essentially impossible. Search the forum and you'll find this has been asked many times before and the reasons why given in some threads by those who know the details (not me!).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Absolutely not. Essentially impossible. Search the forum and you'll find this has been asked many times before and the reasons why given in some threads by those who know the details (not me!).
Incorrect.

It's been done already 5 times by a guy in Poland

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a look into this, but being that there are multiple versions of the Thor lights makes it even more difficult. Passing on this one. I actually love the Xenon ignition :) and corner movement.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It is impossible to do it as a 'straight swap' plug and play and it would work. You would need to do other reprogramming with the car. In most cases the cost involved in this upgrade (even though it's possible) is not worth it. But these upgrades are usually possible. For instance in my old car, to have factory fitted Bi-xenon headlights at time of building the car, costs about £400. If I took the halogen option and upgrade it to a true BiXenon setup after, need to install self leveling, need to install washes, etc...total cost to 'upgrade after' plus labour at a garage around £2k. Might as well get it at factory!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a look into this, but being that there are multiple versions of the Thor lights makes it even more difficult. Passing on this one. I actually love the Xenon ignition :) and corner movement.
There are active bending varieties of the full-LED headlights too - I have them on my car. The bending motion is much more noticeable than the smooth pivot of the xenons though, which took a bit of getting used to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I have spoken to the dealer and yes he confirmed that it needs programming.
The biggest issue currently is of course that you need to physically visit this guy in Poland. Can not DIY.

Price is 1800pln fit and programming + 1500pln headlight pair.

He claims that these are OEM headlights. Not sure how he can get them that cheap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The guys who made this possible told me I can past this here:
LIN must be connected to lamps ( we use original wiring), CEM must be reprogrammed to for Thor lamps and that’s all. We know how to program CEM, and how to make a original wiring. Easy
😉

If any question I can forward these.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The guys who made this possible told me I can past this here:

If any question I can forward these.
What do they use to reprogramme?
Can someone say an auto electrician be able to complete this with the correct cem programming

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I have spoken to the dealer and yes he confirmed that it needs programming.
The biggest issue currently is of course that you need to physically visit this guy in Poland. Can not DIY.

Price is 1800pln fit and programming + 1500pln headlight pair.

He claims that these are OEM headlights. Not sure how he can get them that cheap.
Cheap? 🙄

1 - 17 of 17 Posts