Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , i have 2016 SE Cross Country and i have noticed the headlights are not as good as i think they should be. when in country lanes
i can see streams of light in the trees. last night while driving home it got foggy and the fog was catching streams of light. i have tried a few different bulbs and had the headlights aligned , the bulbs helped with the general light but not with light bleeding. has anyone else come across this or know how to fix it, also is it possible to fit front fog/driving lights ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
You could always buy Philips Xtreme vision +130 or Osram Nightbreaker Ulimited, and perhaps use Philips Racing Vision for highbeams. Perhaps clean the headlamps lens with screenwash and wipe dry with microfibre? Assuming your headlights are alligned properly with the setting on 0 on the wheel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but tried all that Inc the bulbs, the problem is light leakage which would point to the reflectors

·
Registered
51 Posts
Johnm is not alone..... having come out of a new LED equipped V60 courtesy car it shows how bad the V40 lamps are, theres a very noticeable lovely pretty pattern of light on the underside of bridges and tunnels, seems the reflectors haven't focused the beam forwards as well as they should.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand people saying it's not an issue, I was driving in some light fog and the light bleeding upwards was reflecting back off the fog making viability worse than it was

·
Registered
286 Posts
Johnm is not alone..... having come out of a new LED equipped V60 courtesy car it shows how bad the V40 lamps are, theres a very noticeable lovely pretty pattern of light on the underside of bridges and tunnels, seems the reflectors haven't focused the beam forwards as well as they should.
I wonder if the V60 LEDs are better than the V40 LEDs (which I find better than my previous Seat Leon LEDs, and Ibiza BiXenons), or are not all LEDs made equal?

·
Registered
51 Posts
ive not been in an led V40 to compare, but that V60 was simply amazing, ive driven a Toyota rav4 with led and found it quite poor..... and the Toyotas auto high beam was slow to react

1 - 7 of 7 Posts