Volvo V40 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was the seat base heating element... the correct resistance is very low (1.5 ohm) as the base and back are connected in series.

I bought a new seat pad from the dealer - £50 - came pre-glued and with all connectors and cable clips.....

Fiddly job but worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could someone give the correct resistance of the seat and backrest heating mat? I have 9 ohm on the seat and 0.9 ohm on the backrest. Generally, the driver's seat does not heat and I'm looking for a reason why.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could someone give the correct resistance of the seat and backrest heating mat? I have 9 ohm on the seat and 0.9 ohm on the backrest. Generally, the driver's seat does not heat and I'm looking for a reason why.
The backrest should be about 0.9R and the seat base around 1.5R. If you have 9R then I think the seat base heating pad has failed (this was my experience).

Bought a new pad for £50 and fitted it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The backrest should be about 0.9R and the seat base around 1.5R. If you have 9R then I think the seat base heating pad has failed (this was my experience).

Bought a new pad for £50 and fitted it myself.
Thank you for the information, Tannaton. Is the replacement difficult? How long did it take you to do this? BTW do you have electrically adjustable seats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few words to the subject. I replaced the heating pad last Saturday. It took me 2 hours. Overall, the work is easy. The problem was: 1) Remove the seat from the car (it's quite heavy and is difficult to do it yourself). If I did it a second time, I wouldn't take the seat out of the car, I'd just take it off inside. That would be better.
2) Unstuck the damaged pad from the seat sponge. Heating up the old glue with a heat gun (I set 200 °C) makes work easier :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few words to the subject. I replaced the heating pad last Saturday. It took me 2 hours. Overall, the work is easy. The problem was: 1) Remove the seat from the car (it's quite heavy and is difficult to do it yourself). If I did it a second time, I wouldn't take the seat out of the car, I'd just take it off inside. That would be better.
2) Unstuck the damaged pad from the seat sponge. Heating up the old glue with a heat gun (I set 200 °C) makes work easier :)
Hello!
i have the same problem like the chads before. Measured all of the pads and one of the pad on the driver side has zero ohm, no beeping on multimeter. I also changed the modules from passenger side to driver, no result ofc.
My question is, can you replace only the heating mat? Without replacing the hole base sponge with the heater on it?
I am looking after for a replacement part also and I only saw the heating mat without sponge. I guess there is no full sponge base with heater on it.
Can you share some picture from your replacement work?
thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts