Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hoping someone can share some wisdom. I have a 2012 SE NAV LUX with winter pack (RHD), the Heated Windscreen only works on the Passenger Side. I read a similar post that had the same problem which turned out to be the connector just inside of the engine bay by the scuttle at the base of the windscreen not fully clicked in. I have checked the voltage to this connector and can detect 12v to the point before the windscreen thus eliminating the red connector in the attached image.

As the whole of the screen on the right side doesn't clear I am thinking it is still a power issue which leads me to the blue connector in the attached image. This presumably is where the flat ribbon connects from the Windscreen but I cannot see how or whether it opens to check for corrosion or does the cable come as part of the windscreen.

Any help appreciated or any other places to check, presumably to complete the circuit there must be an earth connection at some place.

Many Thanks

Barry

Attachments

·
Registered
65reg V40 D4 Rdesign ice white
60 Posts
To be honest i'm not overly familiar with the Volvo v40 set up but if you can detect a 12v supply (and a chassis earth) my next step would be a continuity check through the windscreen element.
Could you have damaged the element by cleaning the windscreen in any way?
Hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've had an assortment of heated windscreen failures (on Ford Focus) over the years since 1999!
It's the same Ford technology in the V40 and all my failures were in the screen itself.
Most were evident with vertical stripes of non-heating but I have had one side/half totally fail too.

My V40 replaced a Focus and had its windscreen replaced a couple of years ago (during lockdown) for other reasons. At the time I think it had a small insignificant non-heating strip, currently it's all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts