Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, although new here, I've read a lot in this forum, and yet it has helped me a lot.

So I have recently just purchased MY2016 V40 2.0 D2 with R-Design Business on it. Everything works perfectly - except for the heated windscreen. As I've understood in this forum by previous threads on this, the heater elements are divided into two circuits. I've checked the fuses - they're all OK, and tried switching them - still, only the passenger side heater element section works. Dealership diagnostics, which was mandatory before purchase, have shown no faults

Maybe someone has a clue on what could be going on here? Maybe some connectors could be failing, or the only answer is changing the windscreen?

Also, I've thought of retrofitting the rear camera. My Volvo has the option code 802 and is fully ready for installation. Maybe somebody knows where could I buy the kit (sensus installed)?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sounds like you need a new windscreen. The dealer should be able to access the wiring connections and test the resistance of each half to confirm.

Reactions: Amadėjus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yes, the dealer could do a lot, the problem is I just can't find any wiring diagrams for the connectors regarding the windscreen heater power supply. On VIDA, I found that there's a replacement part for that specific cable, but no clue on where that cable is located. Maybe someone has the wiring diagrams for V40?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well yes, the dealer could do a lot, the problem is I just can't find any wiring diagrams for the connectors regarding the windscreen heater power supply. On VIDA, I found that there's a replacement part for that specific cable, but no clue on where that cable is located. Maybe someone has the wiring diagrams for V40?
If you bought it from the dealer take out back to them it's their problem, especially early on.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I doubt there are any wiring diagrams of the V40 out there, i got a virtual machine running with full VIDA on it, i can check for you if i can find any.

edit: i have no acces to wiring diagrams, but i found this for you:

so 2 zones, 2 onnectors.
you could check if the connectors are good, if so i think you need a new windshield

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt there are any wiring diagrams of the V40 out there, I got a virtual machine running with full VIDA on it, i can check for you if i can find any.

edit: i have no acces to wiring diagrams, but i found this for you:
View attachment 17222

so 2 zones, 2 onnectors.
you could check if the connectors are good, if so i think you need a new windshield
Man, you're a legend! It was a rainy month down here in Lithuania, but not today, so I rushed to check these connectors you showed me the location of - it was not connected fully in the slot. Just a slight push and it's working again. Thank you bro for showing where those connectors are! P.S. I see you're from the Netherlands, and that's where I bought this V40 from... it's MY2016 and has 180k km on the clock, I don't know where are you going that far and that much guys :D But it's working perfectly and looks flawlessly both from inside and outside.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad i could help, i installed Vida on a Virtual Machine just to look into it, glad it whas usefull too.
i just had a 1900 euro dealer-bill for replacing my broken hydrolic/electric steeringrack, you just saved a few 😄
i have a MY15- R des. with 180k on the clock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts