Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse the stupid question but how do the electric heating wing mirror get activated? Is there a switch I am missing?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Excuse the stupid question but how do the electric heating wing mirror get activated? Is there a switch I am missing?
It activates with the rear window heating switch. I quite like the idea, I always left my Skoda's on the heated position :(

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Interestingly the MY14 seems to have lowered the auto activation temp by two degrees :

http://esd.volvocars.com/site/owner...320/V40_owners_manual_MY14_en-GB_TP_16042.pdf

From MY13 manual :
The door mirrors and rear window are demisted/
defrosted automatically if the car is started
in an outside temperature lower than +9 °C.
Automatic defrosting can be selected in the
menu system
MY CAR under Settings
Climate settings Automatic rear
defroster
. Select between On or Off. For a
description of the menu system, see

page 204.

From MY14 manual :
The door mirrors and rear window are demisted/
defrosted automatically if the car is
started in an outside temperature lower than
+7 °C. Automatic defrosting can be selected
in the menu system
MY CAR under Settings
Climate settings Auto start rear
defrost
. Select between On or Off. For a
description of the menu system, see

page 208.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I will read the manual more carefully
I will read the manual more carefully
I will read the manual more carefully x 100

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really find this feature annoying, today I had to wipe my driver side mirror with my sleeve because after half an hour of driving I still couldn't see anything out of them when they should have cleared. Much preferred having a switch where you can just switch them on and off when you want.

·
Registered
729 Posts
But you can, just switch on the rear heated screen and presto.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did, several times, but it doesn't stay on for long and the wing mirrors still a didn't clear!
When I click it it seems to stay on forever (until I unclick it) and does a great job. Either yours isn't working, or you are clicking the FRONT windscreen heater button rather than the rear one. The front one does turn off automatically after a few minutes (and wont clear your mirrors)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha oh dear, I feel a bit silly now, think I must have been pressing the wrong button thinking it was the other windscreen! Think I was going off the shape of the screens on the buttons. What an idiot. Sorry and thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts