Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys... the heater in my 2013 D2 seems to be playing up... it blows cold from low to 20 degs, when i pop it over to 22 degs it gets warm.. not too warm though...
so i did a little under the bonnet searching.... my coolant bottle is on the max mark, engine is hot, water in coolant bottle is luke warm... coolant pipes around the engine are hot....
any ideas?
thanks in advance....

Registered
2017 R Design D2
sorry, dont know. but when you find out, let me know, my heap of ford derived junk has the same issue 馃槀 Personally, I think it will be a temp sensor somewhere in the cabin???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im hoping not... but could be the thermostat... at 拢60 its not cheap.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the inlet & outlet pipes from the cabin heater matrix are hot too....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, a car electrician said it could be the internal air flow sensor.. due to the air being cold until i turn it to 24 deg to hi....
i just have to find a way of taking the floating control panel off now ah ah...

Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
Hmm...the AC in my car blows hot air in the mornings, when it's under 10掳C outside, but blows cold air when I leave from work, when outside temperature is warmer. I leave it at 21掳 at all times.

Registered
ok, a car electrician said it could be the internal air flow sensor.. due to the air being cold until i turn it to 24 deg to hi.... i just have to find a way of taking the floating control panel off now ah ah...
No need to.
OBD adapter will read the value from the cabin temperature sensor, in Car Scanner Elm OBD2 app.

Product Font Line Screenshot Material property

Registered
Hi there.

I seem to be having the same problem. Coolant level is as it should be, but doesn't get that warm until cranked up really high. It used to be noticeably hotter.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Would love to hear what the issue was if so.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts