Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. I have Volvo V40 D2 2014.
One month ago a problem occurred.
I tried with two mechanics but they didnt fix it.
One day I get in my car and he didnt want to start, just some clik sound and that is all.
After couple of hours he started normaly.

On the digital table it appeared serval error informations:
  • esc service required
  • park assist system service required
  • srs airbag service urgent
  • pedesterian protection service required

Sometime car start normaly and go off normaly.
When the error appears while i drive, digital table freezes and it sayes 0km/h no metter how fast car go.
After that car wont go off, a press the start/stop button but car is still working.

Mechanics have changed smart clamp, other clamp, masses on the chassis of the car, some wires...
Problem disappears for a day or two and comes back again.

Do you guys ever heard of similar problem or have an idea what could be cause of this problem?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found some similar topics and I see that this was some of the ways to fix:
  • Change the battery, clamps, check the voltage (my mechanics did this)
  • Reset BMS (I am going to try this on my own My battery has died - Is it easy to replace by myself ?)
  • Check or change Air Bag module under the seat and under the hand rest (40Amp Fuse)
  • CVM module on windshield (my mechanics said that they check that module and that it was fine - not sure if there is a way to check it like that...)

Hope someone have an idea what could be the solution for this problems I have.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Try this, and also search the forum for "CEM connector":

Check the CEM connector and the footwell connector beneath the carpet. Can't guarantee that will fix your problem, but it is a known issue and worth a check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try this, and also search the forum for "CEM connector":

Check the CEM connector and the footwell connector beneath the carpet. Can't guarantee that will fix your problem, but it is a known issue and worth a check.
Thank you I will definitely read more about CEM connector and try to check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi to all. I really hope I will get some more advices on this problems.
Next week I will do all kind of different checks I managed to find in forums all around.
This is the list of things:
  1. Change the battery, clamps, check the voltage (my mechanics did this)
  2. Reset BMS (I am going to try this on my own My battery has died - Is it easy to replace by myself ?)
  3. Check and clean CEM (central electronic module) remove all modules and clean everything whit circuit cleaner
  4. Check and clean multiplug connector beneath the carpet near drivers gas foot pedal
  5. Check or change Air Bag module under the seat and under the hand rest (40Amp Fuse)
  6. CVM module on windshield (my mechanics said that they check that module and that it was fine - not sure if there is a way to check it like that...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts