Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does someone has any experience with the Heico exhaust on a V40 (petrol) ?
thanks, Yves.

https://www.heicosportiv.de/en/models/current-models/v40/exhaust-systems/produktdetail/725

HEICO SPORTIV Dual outlet sport exhaust
V40, Type 525, T2/T3/T4/T5 (EC21/ M37/41/40/61/B4204T38/37/19/11/B5224T12)
The HEICO SPORTIV sound system. This twin-pipe exhaust system specially designed and tuned for every engine model, inspires with its unmistakable “left-right design” and powerful sound.
Precisely calculated exhaust streams generate ideal counter pressure, perfect piping and silencer dimensions provide for optimum engine power and response. The two oval tailpipes have a diameter of 120x74 mm, are coated black on the inside with a high-gloss chrome finish on the outside, and carry the HEICO SPORTIV logo. All HEICO SPORTIV exhaust systems, manufactured from high-quality stainless steel, naturally comply with relevant noise and exhaust gas regulations and have an EEC Type-Approval certificate.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have found other posts regarding Heico, but I just wanted to know what the experience is with this kind of exhaust. Is it rather loud, too loud, or still discrete in low revs but louder in higher revs...? Any interesting movies on youtube?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Until now I had no occasion to hear in person a V40 equipped with a Heico exhasut so I can't be of help.

In my experienxe the number of tail pipes can change the "sound" output, something like packet baffle inserts, yet keep in mind the Heico exhausts are supplied with "EEC Typee-Approval" certificate, so they should not exceel db output levels.

The video below is related to the two pipes version:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, finally I decided not to buy it because I don't have the R-design diffusor. They had to cut in the diffusor that I have (the standard one) and that I didn't want. I could buy the R-design diffusor of course but that's another 300 euros.
Furthermore I had an offer from a company here in Belgium who can make a full catback inox exhaust (CE approved) for 830 euros. Maybe I still go for that one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe the polestar exhaust is an option? I had it mounted last year on my T4. You get a diffusor also with it. Even the price wasnt that bad ..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello DGB64. The Polestar exhaust was number 1 on my list, but... I live in Belgium where you can't change anything on your car without strict rules and need approval for every stupid thing...
This Polestar exhaust fits the T4, this was even confirmed by Volvo itself, but they only give a CE approval for the D4 and T5, not for the T4 because it was not tested on the T4 they say. Stupid.
But indeed for Hrick this might be an option. I also think the Polestar sounds better than the Heico. (from what I hear on youtube)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts