Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Norman and like Andy (Obermuh) I come from Germany.

I've bought my new V40, D3 three month ago and have driven 12000 km since then.

This wonderful car is my fifth Volvo since 1993. I come from the east side of Germany the former GDR and after the wall was falling in 1989 I immediately was falling in love with Volvo, because as an university student I had to work as a taxi driver in Berlin to get money for living. So I came in touch with wonderful Volvo 740 and 940.

Despite of the fact my favorite car brand is Volvo, I have driven a BMW 3 and a Audi A3 the last seven years. Shame on me...:D
Very good cars but now I am very very very happy to be back to Volvo.

In 2004 I was driven the former Volvo V40 and found in the internet a V40-Forum. Unfurtunataly I have forgotten the name now. In this time I was hooked of the fact to read something from other V40-owner from all over the world.

So I was looking for an English speaking forum nowadays and it seems I have found the right one. :)

Best greetings from Berlin

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stimmt...ähm...right! :D Thank you!

I haven't got such nice Heico pieces and other things on my V40. It's a total normal car.
So I have to impress with a nice landscape...;).

No it`s not Berlin. A trip in the Rheingau region. My girlfriend is living there. :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
hello from malaysia. wow, nice to know of your long relationship with volvo. and very nice pictures too.

i'm on my second volvo v40 t5 now, traded in my beloved v50 t5. ever since driving a volvo, i truly believe the car brand is understated. before, when volvo was mentioned, all i know was safety but then i learned so much more about volvo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from the UK. I am very please you are happy with your new Volvo. The V40 was the first Volvo that interested me in the design stakes. Since owning it I must agree with Vinceyyk that this is a truelly underated car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome from Turkey I was thinking to buy one of your country's cars because in my opinion German cars are better than French or Italian cars among the European Manufacturers. However Volvo is the best :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Turkey I was thinking to buy one of your country's cars because in my opinion German cars are better than French or Italian cars among the European Manufacturers. However Volvo is the best :)
Thank at all for welcoming! :)

@yakopsky
I was driven two German cars (BMW, Audi) in my life. Both were very good and I've never had any problems with it. But despite of that these cars never reached my heart, like a Volvo it do. Okay, that is a little crazy...:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome Cohni! Thanks for sharing with us your wonderful backstory with us as well. Always fascinating to hear first-hand about life behind the Wall. :)

PS: One of my fav comedies happens to be "Goodbye Lenin".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.