Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

long time lurker - I took good six months to research & develop the "new car project" (I do own an old Alfa 156, which I love to the last screw, but the new car will soon become the only car in the family - sigh...). I have been an avid reader of the forum since Autumn 2012 when 7 finalists made it onto the shortlist - among them the V40 (along with Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Ford C-Max, Renault Scenic, VW Golf VII, Vauxhall Mokka and Peugeot 3008 - a keen eye will have noticed a mix of family cars and hatchbacks as a reflection of two bitterly opposed factions in my household).

V40 was my "darling" from the beginning (along with the Giulietta which was honestly an unrealistic option - my heart put it on the shortlist, not the head), but it lost to a Ford C-Max (due mostly to incredible discount and tons of options included, and also the brilliant 1.0 Ecoboost engine). The C-Max was already ordered, however the experience with the dealer made us request our deposit back (details available - let me just say that after six weeks of pulling our noses they didn't even try to keep us interested and returned the deposit without a single question!).

Throughout the six weeks the C-Max was ordered, I kept flipping through the V40 brochure and wishing we went for the V40. Needless to say I was actually relieved and overjoyed when we dismissed the C-Max and decided to go for the V40 after all!

We ordered the V40 D2 Momentum (88 gr CO2) in late April - Ice White, Premium Multimedia, Heated Windscreen, quick foldable passenger seat, BLIS, Lane departure warning, active high beam. We don't know the delivery date estimate yet, but I think late July/early August is realistic. Can't wait!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, good choice (in the end!) I'm sure you will be pleased with it, I just collected my v40 today and love it, can't imagine having got anything else!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
We ordered the V40 D2 Momentum (88 gr CO2) in late April - Ice White, Premium Multimedia, Heated Windscreen, quick foldable passenger seat, BLIS, Lane departure warning, active high beam. We don't know the delivery date estimate yet, but I think late July/early August is realistic. Can't wait!
Check with your dealer. Most people getting theirs this week ordered around mid-end May, so it would be weird if yours is not there soon!

e.g. Mine was ordered on 25 May, arrived at Dealer on 25 June.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check with your dealer. Most people getting theirs this week ordered around mid-end May, so it would be weird if yours is not there soon!

e.g. Mine was ordered on 25 May, arrived at Dealer on 25 June.
I ordered a LHD (will move to the continent next year) - I guess RHD orders may take less time to complete, as they are fewer (maybe there are also separate production lines). This would explain the longer waiting time.

Besides, I'll be going on a three-week holiday in late July, already booked the airline tickets, so I'm not in a hurry - having my new V40 parked on the driveway while I'm one thousand miles away could ruin my holiday ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I ordered a LHD (will move to the continent next year)
Ahh - This will explain the Momentum model. I was wondering about that as it's a Euro spec model designation :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got news today - the car is at the dealership. Alas, I will be able to pick it up only after I return from holidays. It will be one of the longest holidays I've ever had....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts