Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my name is Andy from Germany and I have been driving my Ice White V40 T3 R-Design for 15 Months an 22k km now. Up to now I have been using a german forum and thought it might be a good idea to register here too. Have been reading along for a while and decided it's time to contribute aswell ;)

Some details about my car:

2013 V40 T3 R-Design
Ice White
Business Pack Pro (Nav, Performance Sound etc..)
Driver Aid Pack
Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Lighting Pack
18" Midir black wheels in the summer
17" Ixion in the winter

I have also added some other goodies:

- Heico Sportiv e.Motion ECU (dyno'd to 205 HP and 326 NM of torque)
- Heico Sportiv Sport Suspension (lowered 30mm)
- Heico Sportiv Performance Exhaust
- H&R Spacers (40mm at the front, 50mm at the rear)
- Custom wrapped details in Avery brushed black metallic (all silver trim)

Hope to find some information and Inspiration here and if I can help with anything, don't hesitate to send me a message.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Volvo v40

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Grille

Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Wheel Tire

Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Hood

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Grille Car

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper Personal luxury car

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Andy! Welcome to the forum.

Nice mods you've got there, especially your installer with the brushed black metallic details on the exterior trim. ;)

Can you give a short review on the Heico exhaust? I am quite curious about it as there is not much online feedback and it fits the stock R-Design rear bumper nicely. Is it too much to ask of a vid of start-up/revving it, hah?

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I really like the exhaust and it gives the car a great tone without getting too loud. Best thing is you listen for yourself: Link ;)
Quick and dirty video upon your request, so the engine was cold and I didn't go over 3000 rpm.

If you check the dyno link in my first post, you can hear it rev up to the moment when the limiter (210 km/h, not rev limiter) takes away power. There is a lot of other noise from the dyno fans but you can make out the exhaust if you listen closely...

Like you said, it fits the R-Deisgn bumper perfectly (they do cut out a piece to get it to sit nice an close) and was the best option for me for two reasons: I live 20 minutes from the Heico Headquarters (my Volvo Dealer is owned by the same Family) and all Heico mods are covered by the Volvo factory warranty in Germany :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi Andy, nice car and love the heico upgrades. i'd love to have some upgrades installed soon.
btw, if it is ok, i'm curious to know what made you decide to get the car...you know, coming from germany and you have the greats of bmw, merc and audis.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Hallo Andy, herzlich willkommen. Sehr schönes Auto, ich bin mit den Heico ECU beeindruckt. (Hi Andy, welcome. Very nice car, I am impressed with the Heico ECU figures.)

Bjorn (Die SA Deutscher/The SA German) :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm curious to know what made you decide to get the car...you know, coming from germany and you have the greats of bmw, merc and audis.
Few reasons actually, but a big one is I just don't like the looks of the A-Class or the 1 series. I do like the A3 but you everybody and their dog drive an A3 or Golf here and I have never been the type of guy to do what the others do ;)

The V40 is quite rare in germany and you almost never see modified ones. Funny fact about today: I drove 800km and passed more tanks (the Leopard 2) on the autobahn then I did V40s! Ok, the Tanks were loaded onto trucks but still... it counts ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Few reasons actually, but a big one is I just don't like the looks of the A-Class or the 1 series. I do like the A3 but you everybody and their dog drive an A3 or Golf here and I have never been the type of guy to do what the others do ;)

The V40 is quite rare in germany and you almost never see modified ones. Funny fact about today: I drove 800km and passed more tanks (the Leopard 2) on the autobahn then I did V40s! Ok, the Tanks were loaded onto trucks but still... it counts ;)
thanks...i made my choice on similar grounds plus after owning a v50 t5 for last 5 years, i kinda feel good driving a volvo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I got the V40 to replace my wife's totaled c30 2.0D (wasn't her fault) but she never had much chance of driving it ;) I loved it so much on the way home from the dealer that she got my 2012 V60 with the full Heico Package and I kept the V40 as my daily commuter :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo cars Mode of transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Volvo cars

I totally agree with the good feeling driving a Volvo!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Man, I wish I wash in Germany and close to Heico

·
Registered
273 Posts
@obermuh...nice detailing and love your reasons for choosing the V40. Even in Germany there is still a good reason for not driving a Golf/A3/A-Classe. Good choice Sir and nice detailing!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice countryside you've got there. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Andy the car looks great. AT the beginning my idea was to have white as well, but finaly black is, but with better equipment. What was the cost of Heico modification? it is a piąty that in Poland we are not able to buy things form heico in official way ;(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys :)

@Aiken: The list price for the Heico ECU, exhaust, suspension, installing and all the bullsh*t to make it road legal is a bit over 3k€ in Germany. I did get some discount though ;)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
That amounts to around R45k-R50k here in SA, that still excludes getting all the parts here

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.