Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just treated myself to a D4 R-design as a belated 30th birthday prezzie. :) I've forgotten how many woo-woos I've had over the years but they've ranged from an S40 T4 to a old V70 tank!

Anyway, I've only had the new one a few days but I'm really enjoying it so far...

Cheers,
Fro

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
D4 R-design. Nice! Welcome to the board

·
Registered
945 Posts
There does not seam to be many D4's out there it seems to be mainly D2's, did you manage to get a test drive in a D4 or did you just take a chance after trying a D3 like I did?

Just waiting for polestar to pull their finger out and sort out getting 209 bhp out of the 5 pot.

What spec/toys did you go for?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've not seen another D4 but have seen a few D2s around.

I took a D4 for a spin beforehand and it seemed plenty pokey enough. It could do with more low down power if I'm being honest as it's quite easy to spin up off the line when the turbo kicks in (even if being gentle).

I went for pretty much everything on the UK spec list except self dipping mirror, DAB and a few other little bits.

I don't think it's really worth having the adaptive cruise control and the auto braking thing has a bit of a mind of it's own... Only used the self park thing twice too - quite impressive though. :)

I'm wondering if I can get away having it remapped to smooth out the power delivery and get a bit more economy too - I'm getting ~5mpg less than my 2.5D V70!

What did you spec yours up with?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.