Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Been browsing this forum for a while. My Volvo V40 journey started off a lil bumpy..
I bought my 2013 V40 D2 r-design in February and fell in love with it, the comfort of the leather seats, the interior lights and satnav etc is very nice. And of course the exterior is lovely, I went for the red colour.
1 month later, my mpg was at mid 30's range which was a shock as my 2.2 civic was 42+.
But then had engine coolant level low warning. Been in the garage ever since with a blown head gasket.
It didn't go the way I've seen before, there was no white smoke or bad oil, but the pressure coming from gasses was incredible, the coolant tank lid would blow off the car even when cold, and the pipes were like rocks.
Anyway fast forward 2 months, and I've had a call to say she will be ready to pick up by Friday 29th May, and I can't wait.
I've ordered some detailing stuff, snow foams, leather balms etc to keep me busy during lock down (in Wales is still pretty tough)
But I was wondering what mods people could suggest?
Im tempted to try the pre-cut window tints all round, 25% fronts and 80% backs..
Also some subtle coilovers.
And finally a remap. I've used a local guy over the years for a number of my cars, but this is the first 1.6 desiel I've had so do people think they're worth remapping? I've only done it to my 2+litres..
Anyway, all feedback welcome! And I'll look forward to getting to know you all

James

·
Registered
393 Posts
You appear ato have some Bi-Xenon lights as well, perhaps polish up the lenses? Can't see if it's gone a bit opaque or it's just dirty. I can't see that car doing low mpg in the 30s (city driving only?) However next time you fill up, perhaps give it 1-2 tank full of Shell's Vpower Diesel or Esso's Supreme (most expensive) diesel, this should clean up the engine nicely, and possibly give you better mpg. Not sure if the front tints are allowed, but the rears for sure. Perhaps a debadge from the back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You appear ato have some Bi-Xenon lights as well, perhaps polish up the lenses? Can't see if it's gone a bit opaque or it's just dirty. I can't see that car doing low mpg in the 30s (city driving only?) However next time you fill up, perhaps give it 1-2 tank full of Shell's Vpower Diesel or Esso's Supreme (most expensive) diesel, this should clean up the engine nicely, and possibly give you better mpg. Not sure if the front tints are allowed, but the rears for sure. Perhaps a debadge from the back?
Screenshot_20200525_161137_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

I think that might be the lighting, the lights are nice and clean from my end! I think the mpg is due to the head gasket blowing, I also noticed it was very slow too, which I've also put down the the head gasket.. Looking forward to picking her up on Friday. As for the window tint, it is legal in the UK to tint the front with 30% darkness I believe.. I know there's a limit, and I will follow the correct laws for my country :) thank you for your reply, hope you're well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts