Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already wrote on "orders" section but let me also introduce myself. First of all as I already told on that another thread I'm living in Finland and northern parts of it. Previous cars I have owned are:
- 2pc of Opel Kadett model B from -70'es
- BMW 2002 touring
- 2pc of Peugeot 205
- Fiat Tempra
- Alfa Romeo 155 2.0 TS Super
- Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS
- Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 TS (which my wife still has as a everyday car)
- Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6
- Audi A3 1.9 TDI
- Volvo V50 Classic (1.6 TDI) (my current car)
- Soon will have V40 D2
As you can see after Alfas there has been a "downgrading" in car's it is because of 32 cylinder head valves needed to be replaced and over 1000eur fuel bills for summer months. Anyhow I decided at that point to lease my further cars and keep in mind fuel economics.
I newer thought I would driven an Volvo what has represented to me something like old bulky 240 but V50 Classic was really a good deal and in three years started kind of like it as a comfortable, practical and in a way also stylish car.
What has been best of these cars, definitely Alfa 155, maybe a bit unreliable but exellent to drive, good performance for that decade (realy it was only something like 9.2 sec. to100km/h), distinctive design, good sounding engine, etc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Man, that's quite a few cars. Here's mine:

'04 Fiat Punto 1.2v (current car)
V40 D2 Powershift SE Lux (Nav) (soon)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would like the heater but we don't get it in the UK :(

I should get my car in the first week of October ... hopefully!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About auxiliary heater, I'm a bit surprised they don't offer it for you in uk as it is sometimes cold there too. There might be reasons for that as these heaters may drain your battery, they sometimes smell like old diesel engines and they even can generate smoke. Despite of some drawbacks it is a lot of additional comfort as you can leave heater on if temporary leaving from car and of course you can set timer to heat car up before starting. Additionally they heat engine very quickly after start even if you have not used timer as they will automatically give additional heat to engine when outside temperature is low and engine is still cold.
You know there is also third party aux heaters available for later installation but often they are not as good as factory installed.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome on board (although I have only narrowly beaten you).

Putting a list of previous cars is a good idea - might have to do that.

After having so many Alfa's (bought with the heart and not with the head), Vovlo new car reliability (hopefully) will be a big improvment for you.

Jon F

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome on board (although I have only narrowly beaten you).

Putting a list of previous cars is a good idea - might have to do that.

After having so many Alfa's (bought with the heart and not with the head), Vovlo new car reliability (hopefully) will be a big improvment for you.

Jon F
Yes I doubt anyone would by Alfa because of reliability but they really aren't that bad. Especially 156 and 147 are like normal cars from that point of view. You know there is kind of sense in owning used Alfa as they are inexpensive to buy but still a real drivers cars. I would still drive Alfas but they are not on a company's leasing car list.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think the auxiliary heater has anything to do with climate, I am sure I could have ordered it here in Spain, must be a European LHD thing. The spec is definitely slightly different to uk.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't think the auxiliary heater has anything to do with climate, I am sure I could have ordered it here in Spain, must be a European LHD thing. The spec is definitely slightly different to uk.
Very possibly LHD - never thought about that !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I have had mine since November 2013 and have now done over 4k + and mpg is better 52.5 :thumbup: then my last car! :thumbdown:. oh I have the V40 D2 diesel and my wife loves it :heart: as and when my renewal comes up I will be having another one? :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.