Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone!!
We are an agent for RICA Tuning. We have joined this forum to participate in the online Volvo community. Any questions that we can help with please ask!! We look forward to getting to know some of you!
Hope your all having a good day!!!
Vikki

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Vikki - what's the unrestricted full potential of the T4 engine? is 250+ HP and 400nm possible while still being reliable? Can the geartronic take that kind of punishment? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Subtlesilver!!

Are you doing any further modifications to the car??

As this is already a high pressure application on the 1.9t version - as opposed to the others where they are a relatively low pressure application - RICA recommend 235hp you might be able to get a little bit more but you would risk the turbo becoming a heat pump and the ECU will just back itself off anyway. Of course it depends on the current state of the cars health etc. This is of course using super unleaded fuel & not a year old 95 ron lol!!

Best regards

Vikki

·
Registered
108 Posts
The t4 is a 1.6t engine..
It's about the new v40 and not the old one which was capable of doing a lot more... And was a 1.9t...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I'd assumed you were talking about the 1.9t, nothing otherwise was specified, sorry! :)
With the 1.6T t4, 250bhp is expecting a little too much without extensive modifying in my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Raytint ... we are only an agent in Alcester. No idea about the plans in Greece. The D2 is currently in development and tuning options will be released soon :)

Thanks

Vikki :) x[hr]
subtlesilver, Currently RICA only take it up to 200hp ... they havn't said if there will be any further stages yet!! x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Vikki,
do you know approximately when the tuning options for the D2 will come out? I've heard rumours that it will be a sort of powerbox, and not a real OBD-chiptuning?
Can you tell anything more?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts