Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Everything started 2 years ago when my car started to show many errors ( pedestrian, brake , coolant, park assist, lights etc) . After this i replaced both batteries, cleaned CEM contacts and under carpet connection, the car worked fine for 6, 7 months and the errors came back for a few times and then stopped coming for a long time until 1 week ago when , after 400 km drive and while driving on the highway, came all the errors back starting with Pedestrian airbag service required, abs , brakes , lights , park assist, no speed , revs, temp on the dash etc ...the engine was working normally and the revs and coolant temp were coming and going from time to time ... I stopped the car and started again in a few minutes and the car was fine , error free for 2 days . Today and yesterday the car would not start ...all the errors were coming right after pressing the start button. After 5 minutes of trying the car started and i was able to drive to work . Now is the same ...all the errors are on the dash . Closest available time at the dealer is 15 August!!! I have vida and read all the errors ( maaany) and most of them are communication error or invalid messages received, or hi CAN something... Please help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes ... it shows 12.3v on the multimeter. I tested the alternator with vida and the result was ok. After first set of errors i plugged in a Bluetooth tool and while driving it showed: SOC 99% , voltage main battery 13.3v , voltage second battery 13.4v and voltage request 14.2 v ( alternator mode 4) . The battery is 2 years old

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
I ve replaced the battery because of those errors 2 years ago ... and the problem persisted. Is crazy because the car is now error free and i strated it like 20 times and no error came on the dash . I drove the car last month from Norway to Greece and while i was driving i got ' alarm sistem service required ' which stayed a few seconds and disappeared with no other issues until i got back from Greece when all the errors appeared. How can i get the battery out the equation?

·
Registered
26 Posts
How frequently do you use your vehicle? A new battery two years ago could still go downhill if the vehicle isn't driven often or not charged in between times. I agree with what others have said, such a wide range of errors do suggest battery or other power type issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello! Everything started 2 years ago when my car started to show many errors ( pedestrian, brake , coolant, park assist, lights etc) . After this i replaced both batteries, cleaned CEM contacts and under carpet connection, the car worked fine for 6, 7 months and the errors came back for a few times and then stopped coming for a long time until 1 week ago when , after 400 km drive and while driving on the highway, came all the errors back starting with Pedestrian airbag service required, abs , brakes , lights , park assist, no speed , revs, temp on the dash etc ...the engine was working normally and the revs and coolant temp were coming and going from time to time ... I stopped the car and started again in a few minutes and the car was fine , error free for 2 days . Today and yesterday the car would not start ...all the errors were coming right after pressing the start button. After 5 minutes of trying the car started and i was able to drive to work . Now is the same ...all the errors are on the dash . Closest available time at the dealer is 15 August!!! I have vida and read all the errors ( maaany) and most of them are communication error or invalid messages received, or hi CAN something... Please help!
Hi it sounds a lot like an earthing/grounding issue 🤞good luck trying to find it ,but start with the main points like battery to the body and to the engine gearbox and to the fuse box clean the areas up and reassemble there also will be several under the dash, best let the techs find them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi it sounds a lot like an earthing/grounding issue 🤞good luck trying to find it ,but start with the main points like battery to the body and to the engine gearbox and to the fuse box clean the areas up and reassemble there also will be several under the dash, best let the techs find them
Thanks! I booked time for 10 august :( first available

1 - 9 of 9 Posts