Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello world!

I have a problem with my new V40 with Harman Kardon sound system, sometimes when I start the car I have no sound. No sound from media, navigation and from parking sensors! Nothing!

I need to switch off the car, open the door, close the door, close the car, open the car and restart the car...

Do you have any idea how to repair this?

In my opinion, it is when I put switch off the car and when the sensors are active...

I'm going to go to my dealer friday :mad:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hopefully its just a minor software issue. Parked quite close to the wall last night and the sensors were beeping when I switched off. Still had sound this morning.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Several have reported the 'no sound' issue on the HK prem sound - not saying it makes it right

Have a good search and there may be solutions - don't think i recall seeing any tho

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yup. I have the same problem in my V40 (It has the harman/kardon sound as well). After leaving the car for awhile, once I start it up, the speakers takes some time before it starts producing any sound. It is especially annoying when I'm reversing in a tight parking spot and I am partially relying on the parking sensors and no sound comes out. I have spoken to the dealer that I bought my car from and they said there is nothing wrong with my car. On the other hand, I will be bringing my car in into a different dealer, hopefully this weekend, to get the issue checked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I know this is an old post but my S40 61 plate has the same problem. No sound from speakers, Radio/CD/AUX/USB neither from sensors. Display works fine, I can even adjust Audio settings.
Anyone found the solution?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi! I know this is an old post but my S40 61 plate has the same problem. No sound from speakers, Radio/CD/AUX/USB neither from sensors. Display works fine, I can even adjust Audio settings.
Anyone found the solution?
The previous generation S40/V40/C30 platform uses a completely different media system to the 1012-on S60 and V40 I'm afraid.

Do you have the high-level audio system with the separate amplifier module? If so, it sounds like the amp unit may be faulty. However, there is a security system that operates on the fibre optic network between the media modules called MOST Lock that prevents used modules from breakers yards being used to replace faulty units. You can try swapping it with a used module, but you will porbably end up having to go to a Volvo dealer to get a replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The previous generation S40/V40/C30 platform uses a completely different media system to the 1012-on S60 and V40 I'm afraid.

Do you have the high-level audio system with the separate amplifier module? If so, it sounds like the amp unit may be faulty. However, there is a security system that operates on the fibre optic network between the media modules called MOST Lock that prevents used modules from breakers yards being used to replace faulty units. You can try swapping it with a used module, but you will porbably end up having to go to a Volvo dealer to get a replacement.
Unfortunately, same thing happened last week to my stereo system on V40, year 2015. I am desparate and the local audio/electrician will check it next week, since the Volvo dealer is in the capital city, and i am pretty sure they would love to charge this! Found the amp under the driver seat, and probably will start searching from there. Wish me luck..
P.s. I am also very disappointed by this fault even happening to a High performance audio system in a high class car such as Volvo is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is not a fault. When the temp. is below 5C or similar. It take some time for the amp to rich the temp to start safe. If it start right away there can be moisture and it will burn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts