Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered my car over the weekend with delivery this week, reading between the lines on here I am not convinced it is a MY14 model although I am going to ask the dealer. I have done a google search to see the difference between a MY13 and MY14 but can't find anything. Can anyone please advise me what the differences are please as I don't know if to cancel or not.

I know that the 3 colour display and DAB are different but what else is there be it mechanical or cosmetic looks.

All help will be appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told it is a new car in stock, so it's not a factory order car if that helps, I am just concerned that there may be some differences I don't know about. The dealer didn't state which model year it was but I did specifically ask about the 3 colour changes for the dash and he did say it had a pedestrian airbag which I understand is only on the model year 14. I did get a discount but not enough for a 13 model in my opinion.

Just got a gut feeling about this after reading this forum but really can't find anything that provides a description what the differences are.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I note you have ordered an R-design; sports suspension is an optional extra on MY13, but is standard on MY14
Pedestrian airbag was standard on MY13 models

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've thought some more about it, and I reckon that the best source of any information you want about the specification or date of manufacture of the car is Volvo themselves. All you need to do is find out the car's VIN from the dealer. If you're in the UK, the following gives contact information for Volvo Cars UK Ltd. http://www.volvocars.com/uk/top/about/corporate/Pages/contact-us.aspx

If you're not in the UK then the following website should point you in the right direction. http://www.volvocars.com/intl/top/corporate/contact/Pages/default.aspx

·
Registered
80 Posts
I still feel your easiest check is by looking at the instrument lighting colour for the three modes (Elegance, Eco, & Performance).
If they are all blue it is a MY13 car, if they are blue, green, & red it is a MY14 model

·
Registered
155 Posts
I still feel your easiest check is by looking at the instrument lighting colour for the three modes (Elegance, Eco, & Performance).
If they are all blue it is a MY13 car, if they are blue, green, & red it is a MY14 model
This works only if the car is R-Design. On a 'regular' model, there's no difference in digital displays between MY13 and MY14.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information, I have spoken to the dealer and that state it is a MY13, the difference between MY13 and MY14 on the R Design D3 is DAB and the removal of lumbar support from passenger seat. The car I have has DAB. I have been assured that there is no difference in suspension and I will have the 3 colour display, not too worried about this anyway.

I also spoke to a completely different local dealer who has said exactly the same so mind put at rest and I'm going through with the deal as I have been on the volvo site and an equivalent MY14 would be an extra 3K.

The car will be delivered tomorrow so I am going to pop in just to make sure everything is good.

I'm happy now, thank again all

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmmmm..... thought this was sorted in a thread in a different section yesterday, but glad you got it sorted :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you read the 2 different questions one is about a general spec or the R Design and this one is about the difference of the MY13 and MY14.-

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's at the dealers and I pick up tomorrow afternoon, yes it's a 13 but has DAB etc and the discount was too good to refuse really. Can't wait to get rid of the BMW and get hold I this.

Cheers for asking

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check the VIN. If the tenth character is D it's MY13 and if it's E it's MY14

1 - 17 of 17 Posts