Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain the process in this diagram?

Trying to get it off to get to the rest off it for dash cam install on a 2013 V40 D2 R-Design.

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe it is saying pull the front side down first then pull towards the back of the car. The slots on the back may only allow an exit at a certain angle. By pull down the front side I mean the plastic bit away from the roof lining. I would recommend a plastic removal tool if you have one not to damage it and allow easy removal. Just a note I haven’t removed this bit before. I have the bit in front of that and it’s a similar process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only just saw this so you may have worked it out already... But really you just need to pull the part down from the roof and a few plastic clips will unclip - very simple. Then it more or less falls out, albeit with a couple of cables to unplug.

I just used a small plastic pry tool to get under it first and ease it away. Seems fairly robust so no need to be too gentle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my trim kit out and it was out in a jiffy, well built and was attached to the headliner/roof very well, sharp too :oops:, managed to cut myself lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts