Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been wanting to get rear windows 5% tint and getting the chrome accents on the outside dechromed (except for the Volvo badge on the front) and adding a set of black wheels but I'm not sure if it will look well with the power blue colour on the car. If anyone has done this on their power blue V40 please send in pics! Any help would be class.

· Registered
39 Posts
I've recently been wanting to get rear windows 5% tint and getting the chrome accents on the outside dechromed (except for the Volvo badge on the front) and adding a set of black wheels but I'm not sure if it will look well with the power blue colour on the car. If anyone has done this on their power blue V40 please send in pics! Any help would be class.
Follow this thread, member seems to have done similar mods to what you're after Volvo v40 D4 modifications

I personally think it looks amazing!

· Registered
154 Posts
The rear windows are already tinted to darkest allowable. Darker/additional tinting may affect your car insurance when inspected by assessor after an accident, illegal mod, sorry, not covered.

· Registered
17 Posts
I saw the most awful car in traffic yesterday, a new MG (ZS maybe) it was white, with crystal clear glass, not even a green tint. Reminded me of a goldfish bowl
I think there’s something to be said for cars without black tinted rear windows these days. Can look more tasteful on cars BUT like you said, crystal clear just looks bizarre. Those new MGs look super cheap as it is

· Registered
32 Posts
The rear windows are already tinted to darkest allowable. Darker/additional tinting may affect your car insurance when inspected by assessor after an accident, illegal mod, sorry, not covered.
In the UK there is no legal restriction from tinting any windows to the rear of the B pillars. They could be opaque like a van if you want

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

· Registered
634 Posts
I'm not aware of any car produced in the last 20 years or more, that doesn't have windscreen or front side window glass manufactured to the maximum legally allowed tint (AS1 for windscreens and AS2 for front side glass). Stu is correct about tinting, or even blanking, the rear window and any side glass behind the driver. But whilst it is not illegal, your insurer might take a dim view (no pun intended) if they had not been notified, and decline to compensate you in the event of a claim as a result. They know that a van is a van when they accept the risk and take your premium. They expect a car to be as it left the factory unless you have told them otherwise and they have accepted the new risk.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Follow this thread, member seems to have done similar mods to what you're after Volvo v40 D4 modifications

I personally think it looks amazing!
I saw this thread a while ago and while it is a good example of what it might look like no offense to the owner of the car but its not my taste.
I have the rear window tints done now and I think it looks great I'm just unsure where I should go from here. Thanks all for your replies.

· Registered
2017 V40 T5
46 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

Things I have done to my Power Blue V40. I Hope it gives you some inspiration. I also got the Heico Quad-Exhaust but haven’t done any Pictures yet.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts