Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All,

At the moment I drive a 2012 BMW 116i sport, however this is not for much longer. After 18 months I have decided it is time for a change and called in to my local dealer in Sheffield last week for a quick look at the R Design. A very nice car it is as well. With that i have placed an order for a D3 and getting rid of the BMW, I am sure some people may think I am daft but i think the looks and drive of the volvo is much better.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good choice sir! I have colleagues who drive 1 Series, A3's, A-Classes...and me in an R-Design. They scoff a bit but I think I have the best looking, rarest, most refined interior motor of the bunch and as I have two young kids, there is a definitely a feeling that I am in the safest car in the world. Hope it arrives soon enough. Darren

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darren, One of the main reasons for the swap was poor customer service from BMW and some engine problems that saw the car in the dealers for a while, also the fact that i cant get to work even in the lightest of snow.

I have some questions about spec but not sure where to ask these yet :LOL:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Spec questions, go ahead, ask. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi from a Sheffield d4 rd owner, the Sheffield Volvo dealer know me and my car well. I have to say the guys at Sheffield are not bad at sorting issues (just be a little patient)

I also had a 1 series but a 08 118d msport with toys, I had it from new for 2 years, stoners were not bad but it was funny when I kept going back with issues they could not identify and had never come across until they eventually found it on mine.

I nearly went for a 120d msport but went for the v40, I do think the 120 would have been nice especially with the 4 pot upgrade brakes etc but I am pleased with the v40

1 - 5 of 5 Posts