Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, picking up my 2016 V40 T2 R Design this coming Tuesday. Can't wait! Really loved the way it felt when I test drove it. I've owned Japanese cars all my life and decided it's time to give something else a go.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hearty congrats on your decision & a warm welcome to the forum PhilyB! :D
I have a good mate who owns a Mazda 6 & his wife a 3 & he much prefers my V40 to either of them.
If we are going somewhere he'll drive the 6 to my place & then harass me for the V40 key to drive us both there!

It won't be happening for much longer though as their youngsters are now 10 & 12 and an XC60 is on their horizon for the extra room & performance.
He has escaped my usual "what do you need an SUV for?" argument as they live on considerable acreage on the outer fringe of suburbia.
With a purchase brief of safe, practical, comfortable, well equipped & reasonably quick, the XC60 T6 R Design was an easy choice for them.
I can't imagine where they got the idea from :cool:

I'll look forward to your V40 first impressions & hopefully some pics once you've picked her up!
Enjoy ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy it. I actually am changing from a Mazda 3 so I understand where your mate is coming from. Was looking at getting a newer Mazda 3 or a 6, but saw this V40 and felt I had to give it a test drive. Glad I did!

·
Registered
234 Posts
You know, before I chose the V40 T3 Momentum Nav+, it was a toss up between the V40, Mazda 3 2.0 Sport Nav, and Merc GLA180 Urban Edition. Despite the Momentum being kind of the lowest trim level, it has all the toys the Mazda 3 (top spec) and GLA had.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was why I was going to go for a Mazda 3, because of all the toys, but the Volvo has everything I wanted and felt more solid of a drive. Think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
That was why I was going to go for a Mazda 3, because of all the toys, but the Volvo has everything I wanted and felt more solid of a drive. Think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship lol
Could have done with having a 'Bose Centrepoint' sound system of the Mazda 3 Sport Nav though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got it today after the salesman put the wrong date for collection into the computer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could have done with having a 'Bose Centrepoint' sound system of the Mazda 3 Sport Nav though...
Yeah, I really liked the Bose system in the Mazda's, but the one in my Volvo ain't too bad. Happy with it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Does your have an amp under the front passenger seat? Also don't forget 2 full tanks of good fuel (not sure where you're based, but if UK, Shell Vpower or Esso Supreme) for cleaning properties. Also if you feel lights are a bit lacking, there's always aftermarket ones...eg..Philips Xtreme Vision +130 or Osram Nightbreakers..

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks for the pics!
Very nice indeed 👌
Now for the fun part... Enjoy :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

• Does your have an amp under the front passenger seat? Also don't forget 2 full tanks of good fuel (not sure where you're based, but if UK, Shell Vpower or Esso Supreme) for cleaning properties. Also if you feel lights are a bit lacking, there's always aftermarket ones...eg..Philips Xtreme Vision +130 or Osram Nightbreakers..
    I'll have a look for the amp, in work at the minute. Think I read in the description before I bought it that it had an amp. Haven't driven it in the dark yet but seeing the lights on in the day they don't look too good. I was thinking of buying new bulbs anyway because I figured they wouldn't be great. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts