Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Birmingham!

Well, I've finally strayed from Ford, after they finally broke the camels back (long story) and have now lost a twenty year customer.

Anyway onto better things! I have this evening submitted my order to lease a V40 D2 SE for the next couple of years. Ice White, TFT Display (toyed with that, may be gimmicky and the old style analogue is perfectly adequate, but it does look gorgeous!), the folding boot liner thing and an illuminated gear knob (ok, another purely cosmetic effect, but again, looks nice!). Been told I *should* get it in October, so shall look forward to that.

The one thing I have just noticed, is the lack of mention of Air Conditioning in any of the specs on Volvo's site and it's only just occurred to me! There's "Electronic Climate Control", and I'm sure I noticed a button with "AC" written on it! Does the basic D2 SE with none of the "packs" come with Air Con?!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm pretty sure climate control is air con but with temperature control. Which is what I have in my R-Design.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh Hi I'm in Birmingham too did you set it from Paul Rigby? If so how have you found them so far? I found them pretty good far better service than from the Redditch dealer who I don't think believed I was serious about buying a car because he couldn't be bothered to help!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Greetings from Birmingham!

Well, I've finally strayed from Ford, after they finally broke the camels back (long story) and have now lost a twenty year customer.

The one thing I have just noticed, is the lack of mention of Air Conditioning in any of the specs on Volvo's site and it's only just occurred to me! There's "Electronic Climate Control", and I'm sure I noticed a button with "AC" written on it! Does the basic D2 SE with none of the "packs" come with Air Con?!!
ECC (Electronic Climate Control) is standard on all UK V40's, includes pollen filter and cooled glovebox.

When we were car hunting we spent 20 minutes in a Ford dealer, not one person spoke to us. Guess we didn't look like a serious buyer...

Underlying tech on the V40 is Ford anyway (engine/gearbox..I think chassis too)

·
Registered
3 Posts
As mentioned all V40's have air con (dual climate control) as standard fitment and the chassis is derived from the ford focus and brilliant it is too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the replies, with my apologies for the delay in coming back!

All put my mind at ease confirming the Air Conditioning as standard. I just had a panic when I couldn't see AC listed in the product spec anywhere in the brochure listings at the back, and thought it was odd. But happy now you've all confirmed that.

Hardynr - I didn't get mine from Paul Rigby. I've ordered mine from a car lease company for a two year lease. (Although that's where I will be taking it for servicing etc, as to my knowledge there's not another Volvo dealer anywhere near - and I've heard nothing but good things about them - and got new premises now I believe)

I have strayed from the initial Ice White colour on my initial order proposal, as I was offered a metallic at a small discount considering I'd spent a bit on other options, so got the Caspian Blue Metallic instead on the way now. (Love that colour!)

So, D2 SE, Caspian Blue, TFT Display, Illuminated Gear Knob, Auto Dimming Mirror and that Boot Load Floor Divider (I'm anal when it comes to hearing things rolling around in the boot as drives me mental!)

All on order, and expected delivery date is between Mid to Late October.

Can't wait !!!

I have been playing "spot the V40" on the roads, and in the past few months, I could probably count them on the fingers of one hand!

·
Registered
945 Posts
As above the V40 D2 is in effect a focus but with better spec and looks???

I did note when looking at the current focus, in passing, the spec was dire, no electric rear windows until you get to the titaniumX and same with climate, unless you spec DEACT (dual zone climate as an option you get base manual aircon.

Re Metallic, most lease companies will give you this free if not even with extra discount as they sell on better at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I'm a Newbie? and I ordered our first Volvo car today a V40 cross country D2 Lux [Motability] but we have to wait until the of November for it, colour raw copper?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi I'm a Newbie? and I ordered our first Volvo car today a V40 cross country D2 Lux [Motability] but we have to wait until the of November for it, colour raw copper?
Welcome KrisV40 , did you order a manual or auto version for motability?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a call yesterday to say my car is now at the dealer (for them to do whatever it is they have to do for a few days) and confirm that I will be taking delivery of it this Wednesday (16th). Can't wait!

:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
@Kris V40...good choice and welcome! First of all you will love the TFT display and illuminated gear leaver...I have been in V40's without either and they look so basic...in short the TFT is a thing of beauty and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the car. Darren

1 - 12 of 12 Posts