Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........................sunny Rotherham! :)

Picked up a rebel blue V40 D3R NAV this week So far, a joy to drive and really chuffed with it (full leather, panaramic sunroof and rear park assist)

Wonder if anyone can clarify the following?

Colleague has an S80 (2010) with Sat Nav which is pre loaded with camera alerts

Mine doesn't have them. Does anyone know if you can set the sat nav to show the alerts or have they been removed? I can't find an option although I haven't had the opportunity to mull over the manual yet

The Volvo dealer seems to think they have been removed?

Thanks

PS. Driving on the M60 the other day where there was slightly adverse weather conditions so I had the headlights on. Was queing in traffic and looked about 150 yds ahead at a car and all you could make out where the rear "S" shaped lights on the back end. Thought wow they look cool, only to realise it was the same car I'm driving. Ha ha!

So that's what the back of the car looks like with the lights on? :thumbup: :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
There are no default speed poi's in the system.
It is however pretty easy to install a file which contains the poi's you want.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Patrickv

Is that the link you've put up? ( http://www.autoguide.com/mobile )

Apologies, as I'm pretty useless with these things. Is that a file for your smartphone, Or can a file be downloaded straight onto the sat nav system?

I already have a snooper, but sick of plugging in and loose wires etc

Having camera alerts already loaded (like my colleagues 2010 S80) makes perfect sense

Cheers,

·
Registered
108 Posts
The link I have under my post is done by the app I use to read the forum.

There are sites out there that provide poi files. You can load those onto a USB key and have those loaded into the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Volvo (or better, Navtec) took the speedcamera's out because there are some countrys you're not allowed to have them in your car (ie. France)

It's really easy to load them, using http://poiplaza.com/index.php (you can add the McDonalds or Ikea's as well ;) )

Register for free, download the files on a thumbdrive as Garmin gpx. Then unpack them, insert the drive in the USB-port of the car and... presto!

Don't forget to erase them when you drive through France!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's really easy to load them, using http://poiplaza.com/index.php (you can add the McDonalds or Ikea's as well ;) )

Register for free, download the files on a thumbdrive as Garmin gpx. Then unpack them, insert the drive in the USB-port of the car and... presto!
Thanks - just updated mine with fixed, mobile and red-light cams from that site.
Very easy indeed - I didn't have to register though. I had to go into the Nav settings menu to choose Import POIs to load them though, just in case anyone expects them to auto-magically load.

I have my suspicions that it may be possible to upgrade the maps via USB if you can extract the DVD contents to a flash drive. It should be much quicker to install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts