Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just traded my Subaru Legacy 2.5gtb sportswagon for a new v40 t5 cross country. I was sad to trade my scooby in but I have fallen in love with this Volvo. I have never enjoyed driving a car soooo much. The car and features are amazing! Volvo, for life...I think.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Hey, where in JHB are you? I saw the CC at dealership when I ordered my T3. For some reason the prices in them was not the same (overpriced) as what was on their website.

I like the CC, if I had a choice now, I would go for a white T4 with that nice dark grey 17 inch rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could not get it here in jhb. I managed to find a brand new one in PE. The gave me an excellent deal. It was worth it for me to drive down to Pe this past weekend. I work in Bryanston. I actually wanted a T4

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Wow, that is a way to go get the car. I live in Bromhof, work in Illovo.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So in SA you still not big on Diesel cars? Strange as here in the UK the dealer told me he has had only 1 petrol order in 6 months, vs 16 Diesels in 1 day :)

I seriously considered the VW Golf 7 1.4 TFSi with ACT.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
We only currently get the D2 and D3 here. The D2 makes around 82kw and 270 NM, and the D3 110kw & 340NM, where the T3 makes 110KW & 240NM. For the same price as the D2, you get a petrol motor that is much quicker and I think fun to drive than the little diesel.

Also, diesel used to be much cheaper than petrol, but not anymore, they are almost the same price, and from what I heard diesel is more expensive to maintain.

Here the trend is more towards petrol in cars and diesel in bigger SUV 4x4 vehicles. The BMW 320d and 530d is very popular here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did consider the diesel. But I got a very good deal on the T5. Consumption seams a bit better that my previous Subaru. My previous Subaru was a huge car. I do not need the space anymore (no prams, etc) i will be getting a Roof box for going on vacations.
This V40 CC is such a pleasure to drive on our not so good roads here in Johannesburg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts